ESA Stopped no letter

2»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You were already in the Support Group. This means there's no higher award you can get for ESA, reporting a worsening of condition wouldn't get you anywhere. If your condition had improved it would be completely different.
  • kezto
    kezto Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi all, I couldn't believe when I decided to phone today on the off chance as in a right state with no sleep last night even though you all gave positive answers. I went through all the options and a lady answered the phone within a couple of minutes.
    (may be useful for others to know in case they need to contact them over a weekend I believe there is limited service until 3pm according to the automated recording)

Anyway the lady asked all the usual sercurity questions and put me on hold for a few minutes while she looked into my query, then told me some information got downloaded to the system and stopped payment and needed to be cleared which she as done. My payment will be in my bank tomorrow for the missed payment on 13th july and my next as normal on the 27th July with no further issues :-)

She didnt say what got downloaded in error on the system and didnt ask not to rock the boat, just wondering if it had something to do a change of medical condition different to what i was claiming for which led to hospital operation although i did tell them 2 weeks before going into hospital when asked about claiming taxi costs back or the fact i sent them a £60 bill for taxi fares which i was told todo

Anyone any reasons what could have downloaded onto the system which stopped payment ?
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    The DWP will not be interested in your new medical condition - especially as ESA is not awarded because of a diagnosis but because the claimant meets the specific criteria.

The only time someone would get into trouble for not notifying a change of condition would be if that meant they were not entitled to less benefit.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    kezto wrote: »
    Anyone any reasons what could have downloaded onto the system which stopped payment ?
    Only DWP could probably answer that one. Not sure why you thought it would rock the boat if you asked. There was no need to report the hospital visit as it was only for 1 day. At least you have it sorted now.
  • kezto
    Hi I did kind of ask by saying any reason something got downloaded on the system and she just replied some things can just do that and just needed clearing? I did not ask about the taxi cost claim I put in - I would prefer to let that rest and loose £60 travel costs than cause any issues to the £290 a fortnight I get
  • kezto
    45002 wrote: »

Hi im in Wales and when t rang the hospital they said no to taxi costs and I couldn't catch a train or bus as needed to be at hospital for 7am on a sunday andno services running them. Also because of my condition and anxiety I wont use public transport which DWP is aware of
  • kezto
    Just hope having it cleared will sort the issue and not cause anymore problems

I hate speaking to these people just makes me very nervous
  • kezto
    Just checked with bank and money gone in

Thank you all for posting -)
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The travel costs are not dealt with by DWP so don't hesitate to claim them if entitled to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure