Mercantile PPI Loans

Hello
I know I had taken out loans when younger to buy car /bike but was long ago 1989 to 1994

No longer find any paper work

I had made note occasional in my diary those years when needed and put them on to outlook on computer

Some of the events
02/05/1990 Mercantile £4K , 5yrs protected £127.84 Premium £17.10
16/02/1992 £9,500
7/1/1992 £2500 , 4yrs £133month
I even have the dates that contacted bank about my direct debits
dates when i took the loan paperwork into Manchester
My notes state I even had letter from their solicitor when had few issues but made no note who they were
I eventually paid all loans off several years later

I found out that Mercantile was taken over by Barclays

So I filed for complaint on 11 July 2018 this year with my old address, dob , and the 3 dates referring to the loans

I have received letter 3 days later after calling them by phone with 4 ppi references to use instead of complaint reference.

Cannot find any loan under my name , address , dob

Sorry with finding your account we cannot investigate so my complaint is closed.

Called them today and explained my outlook notes , they have asked for that list to be sent.

Stated that they only keep records 6yrs , so am curious how do I make claim and prove when i have all these dates if internal records are just 6yrs.

Am I correct to assume that successful claims seems to be actual statement or loan account details

Even call credit group checks don't have my old original address

Do I give up ? What else can I try , I feel sending my list in wont help if they cant even find my name and address

Help and info appreciated

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you don't have any evidence of the payments and neither do they then your complaint can't progress as there is no evidence of what you paid. You either provide them with proof of your payments (not notes as they don't prove anything) or you accept it's not going anywhere
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure