Comments

• knightstyle
    Options
    E458W "up to" 60% off
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When did parking become a Bargain Holiday by itself then..?

There are dedicate parking codes threads here where this needs to go!
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    When did parking become a Bargain Holiday by itself then..?

There are dedicate parking codes threads here where this needs to go!
    Now moved to the better board for it ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • ashpan
    ashpan Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally agree about Looking4parking, avoid at all costs - even if it costs you a little more, use someone else. I booked through them to stay at IMAGINE PARKING at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, the fee was reasonable but when i arrived i was told that i had to pay an extra £3 each way for the short stay carpark or walk to the airport!!! At 5am on a winters morning, not really an option so i agreed to pay the £3, only to find that each passenger was charged this amount per trip - the charge for the minibus that dropped us off was £3 and so the driver and IMAGINE PARKING were making a hefty profit - when i challenged this i was told it was 'towards the upkeep of the vehicle' - this is a total scam and needs to be stopped now - LOOKING4PARKING are aware of this and still promote Imagine on their site, ive heard of lots of horror stories about Imagine parking and would never ever use them again, would rather pay lots more and not be ripped off!!
  • Sillychuckie
    Sillychuckie Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello.
    Has anyone used 'Looking4Parking' before, and if so, kept in their email their Order Confirmation emails?

I'm likely to end up in a dispute with them through the courts, so need to gather some supportive evidence.
    I'm looking to obtain copies of order confirmations from both a 'FLEX' and 'NON FLEX' product, to see if their confirmations include any specific mention of either 'Flexible' or 'Non Flexible'.

They are being wholly unreasonable, and this would rather help my cause.
    Obviously, you don't need to include any sensitive personal information if your confirmations include them, and, I don't mind if they aren't especially recent.

Please private message me if you are willing to help and we can exchange email addresses.
    This company is taking people for a ride, which is sad, especially as MSE links to comparison sites which link to them.

For full details on my complaint and their response, see this link:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5843148

Thanks.
    SC.
  • DaleHarries
    Options
    Managed to get a cheap stay at the Long Stay car park outside cardiff airport.

http://www.cardiffairportlongstay.co.uk/

Not usually one for parking actually on the airport it's usually like throwing money into a fire but this time it was the same as the Highwayman Secure. Whether this is now a common thing or not remains to be seen but was a nice deal this holiday and no voucher code needed.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe anyone reading the the spammer above would like to consider this thread about them and their operation on TripAdvisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187069-i236-k11386515-We_deal_meet_and_greet_Airport_Manchester-Manchester_Greater_Manchester_England.html

The First post pretty much sums-up the tone of the whole thread:
    PLEASE PLEASE...Do not use "we deal meet and greet. They also use other names "Manchester meet and greet"

UNPROFESSIONAL

RUDE

UNSKILLED

NOT A HONEST COMPANY.

People waiting hours days for there car's back. We waited seven and half hours. Now in bed ill....They were told my medication was in the car but with no joy......Uncaring Scum

:)
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope this helps someone.
    After reading about the problems some face with meet & greet services thought I'd share my find today.
    Called the official Gatwick airport parking for early bird discounts,they informed me the deals that mygatwick.com gave were better than theirs.
    https://www.gatwickairport.com/mygatwick/portalgate/login/
    Definitely found this to be true. Official long stay parking south was £77,via the above was £65:money:.
    Also got a voucher for 1hr free at the Regis lounge!!!!!:beer:(some conditions are applicable).
    Quite a few discounts on all sorts of things at the airport.
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • earsmanc
    Options
    These codes are still valid on the Newcastle Airport Car Parking website - enter them in the promo code box and check the discounts (normally between £10 and £15)

METROC8
    LA7
    SE08S
    NG11
    LEADER
    METROC11
    DA10
    MR1
    NGWIN
    NPLWIN
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A timely reminder in this BBC report to research in advance who you are going to give your valuable car to when you go off on holiday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-44930783

Seek value but do not just book because it is the cheapest Meet & Greet deal you find.

The Gatwick airport website has a list of approved car park operators.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback