P45 issues workplace problems

Options
Hi recently i was fired from my job on April 17th in which i was contracted to 25 hours each week.
the following friday i received a call off my manager with the message your not getting your wages on the following pay day then he hung up.

I managed to get my wages via going above his head to his boss but my wages are all wrong the p45 is showing i only earned 2.1k and tax paid is at 25 pound but thats wrong as well.

Iv tried contacting this company but im being ignored i have even been blocked from emailing them.

11 weeks after being fired this is when i received the wrong p45 it also states i left on the 1st June.

I cant claim the tax back i have paid due to hmrc needing the correct p45 which im never gonna receive also on the day i was fired i had to change into my own clothing so obv i had to get into my underwear only to notice the manager who fired me was stood 2 feet behind me and would not leave, he also lied to his boss and told him i quit and walked out which i did not do.

I honestly feel like im alone with no help in this matter any advice would be a massive help.

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is what it says on your payslips the same as what it says on your p45?

When you say its wrong, what do you mean? How is it wrong and what do you think it should be?
  • Scottl89
    Options
    p45 is only showing the first 2 months of my wages i earned over double what it shows on the p45
  • Scottl89
    Options
    my payslips are different to my p45 its also different on my HMRC personal tax page
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A p45 shows your earning to date from your employer and tax due for that year. More than likely it will only show a couple of wages as the tax year starts from april. So tax years starts in april, you leave in may, it will only show 1-2 months pay (Depending on when pay is worked out etc)

So take any paylsips youve had from april and add up all the figures, and see if this matches with your p45.

Its pretty awkward to mess it up. Most companies use payroll software and RTI (real time information) returns which gets uploaded to HMRC straight away. The same software will be used to issue your p45. It gets the information from what they enter each month, collaborates it and they send it out to you. To get the figures to be different they would have to unlock previously locked pay periods and alter the figures. As soon as they try to upload the RTI again it will submit the new figures to HMRC.

Basically theres isnt an easy way for them to not be found to be incompetent at best. And whilst i appreciate there are malicious people out there theres easier ways of doing it (ie oops i forgot to pay you, ahhh now the banking is down, whoops, i missed off a few days pay there) yet that doesnt seem to be the case, theyve paid you correctly?

It sounds like youre misinterpreting something. If youre in hardship you should be able to ring HMRC if youre currently unemployed, to inform them as such, on the basis of you receiving a smaller income they should be able to give you a refund on the tax payments. Things can be slow to update and be verified at HMRC so its unusual to get the refund the next working day but ultimately any over payment of tax you should get back.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scottl89 wrote: »
    p45 is only showing the first 2 months of my wages i earned over double what it shows on the p45

P45 is the income from 6th April....you would have received a P60 for last tax years income
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure