124»

Comments

• dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 July 2018 at 1:18AM
    jimmo wrote: »
    Really?
    We seem to have a fundamental difference of opinion here but I do recognise that you will be up to date on this and I can be accused of living in the past.
    Nevertheless if it was my money that was at risk I would take you (or HMRC) on, going to The Adjudicator if necessary.

The OP has already stated that the information was used in 2015/2016, but was used to update his tax code in March 2016, which is too late for it to be operated, but would have been issued to ESA anyway where no code is operated)

What seems odd (unless OP got a large lump sum payment) is that OP received £23,000 in salary whilst being on ESA for virtually the whole year.

It is possible to work whilst on ESA but only if its less that 16hrs per wk AND less than £125 per week.

Hopefully OP will be able to shed some light on this.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
  • john240870
    john240870 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi im still employed and continue to get a monthly income from my employer. and have been since April 2015
  • john240870
    john240870 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Letter has gone in to ask them to give up the underpayment for 15/16 lets hope they oblige.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure