Wedding Savers Challenge - 2018 / 2019

2»

Comments

• It's me, pennies for future. Just on a shiny new account. We've agreed we will save for wedding but if an emergency should arise we'll use the wedding money.

It's all going good so far. Every penny i can save is going towards our wedding and I'm learning to live with less money .

We haven't revived any money yet from anyone else but we've only started talking wedding stuff this month and only started saving for it a few days ago. Well I have anyway.

Yeah everyone's welcome to join
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • Hello! :)
    We did a carboot today, made £54.70 which has gone straight in the wedding pot on the bookshelf. Almost want to sell everything else I own now...
    hope everyone’s having a great weekend
    Debt-free wannabe since Jan 2018.

Total debt: was £39,220.58, now £24,897
  • We've been offered £10,000 from his parents; but we're putting that in our "rainy day" fund (BORING!)...it'll probably go towards a bigger flat at some point. We could've used it for the wedding, but I worry it would've come with strings attached...i.e. I think you should invite Auntie Jane blah blah blah.
  • That's true. That's a wise decision & you've done brilliantly! I don't have much to sell.

I have taken money out of my wedding fund to place into Christmas fund for this year & emergency fund... i thought its better to have both the wedding and emergency because i fear we'll never reach financial security. And I don't want to save for a house with out one.

I have £150.00 in my bank & still £42.44 in the pot.
    I haven't spent any of my £10 note yet. So nothing to add to it yet.

I've contacted a venue with our date but still waiting for a reply.

I'm currently home ill. :(

Hope you are all good.
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • Such a good idea for the rainy day fund! We did say we felt a bit uncomfortable as it seems like so much money to be given, but apparently they spend nearly double that on my fianc!!!!8217;s brothers wedding because he got married in the countryside in Surrey with EVERYONE they know, and they really want to put towards our little gathering up in Lancashire - so we figure why not. We!!!8217;ve been very specific about what we want to spend the money on and who we want to invite (and don!!!8217;t want to invite!) so hopefully there won!!!8217;t be too many awkward conversations down the line!!

Sorry to hear you!!!8217;re unwell xironsongx - did your venue ever get back to you?

Have spent a lovely lazy Sunday morning on Pinterest looking for cheap things we can DIY for the big day.
    Debt-free wannabe since Jan 2018.

Total debt: was £39,220.58, now £24,897
  • Not that venue, no.

We're holding off saving for the wedding. We have a lot of other things to save for... I'd like to save for my emergency fund first.

He's saving for a car too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure