The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Amazon Logistics (rant)

Comments

• Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,140
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    night shift working plus mention of forum membership/free delivery.
    Which scan also do.
    you do like to make a big conspiracy out of stuff,huh?

coming round? Get over yourself

if you want to go with facts,what you really mean is...

The only time amazon dont use amazon logistics now for next day is when its a 3rd party seller shipping themselves offering next day or if its by 1pm in which case they may use royal mail special delivery.

I never mentioned scan uk at all, I only mentioned ocuk and amazon uk, yet you decided to post scan uk and now trying to claim there was no special reason for it.

The only facts here are.

1 - amazon logistics is run badly, effectively like a budget service.
    2 - next day delivery is £7.99 for non prime customers. Not cheap or free.
    3 - next day delivery is inclusive (not free) for prime customers on prime products, how much this works out per delivery depends on how much you utilise it.

I hope that amazon logistics is genuinely improving as the other guy said with them adding tracking and showing number of parcels before delivery.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    The only time amazon dont use amazon logistics now for next day is when its a 3rd party seller shipping themselves offering next day or if its by 1pm in which case they may use royal mail special delivery.

I never mentioned scan uk at all, I only mentioned ocuk and amazon uk, yet you decided to post scan uk and now trying to claim there was no special reason for it.

The only facts here are.

1 - amazon logistics is run badly, effectively like a budget service.
    2 - next day delivery is £7.99 for non prime customers. Not cheap or free.
    3 - next day delivery is inclusive (not free) for prime customers on prime products, how much this works out per delivery depends on how much you utilise it.

I hope that amazon logistics is genuinely improving as the other guy said with them adding tracking and showing number of parcels before delivery.

Absolute tosh
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,140
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Gonna take a timeout before I get reported to a mod and banned :) As I am aware my posts can be considered offensive.

all I will say now is if you going to call something tosh, you got no credibility if you dont explain why, you trying to say amazon dont charge non prime member for £7.99 or what? because that is what they charge for next day without a delivery window. you only have to explain why its tosh.

If amazon logistics was run so well why did it have a documentary made on it, and has a noticeably worse service than a competitor at the "same" price, all this needs explaining really. You cant just post a one liner saying its tosh, and expect me to say "yeah ok".

I will check back on this thread maybe end of week or something.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You cant just post a one liner saying its tosh,

Evidently I can.
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

That's not strictly true. I got an SSD and a HDD off Amazon during the Black Friday sale, chose my usual Prime delivery option and it arrived by DPD.

I figured since it was a high(ish) value parcel on an extremely busy day, they used DPD rather than Amazon Logistics to increase their capacity temporarily.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • I ordered a car sub on the morning of 30th Nov at and delivery said Friday 1st of December. The morning of Friday I kept an eye out for them and I noticed this grey transit van going up and down the street over and hour I must have seen it 5 times. Eventually he stopped outside the house. so I went down to save him the trouble. It was a city link driver and he said my parcel wasn’t here that they probably gave it to the wrong driver “it happens all the time” he said. So I waited up till 20:00. Then the Amazon app status updates and it said ( sorry your parcel wasn’t delivered. but an attempt will be made tomorrow) Delay in delivery due to external factors.
    I called amazon and they said they don’t use city link. And they said it will be attempted Saturday if not then Sunday if not then Monday if not then Tuesday if not then get back to us.
    - I’m still waiting now it’s Tuesday 18:20.
    I used the next day delivery as I ordered 2 items the other item was delivered next day to my neighbor even tho I didn’t ask for this service.
    It’s really not giving me any confidence buying off amazon.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite

I had an Amazon Prime delivery via DPD this afternoon.

If you're going to criticise others, you might want to look at your own "facts" first.
  • IAmWales
    Hi John,

Can you copy out exactly what your order tracking says? Who is the courier?
  • Amazon Logistics mate. But it was a city link driver that couldn’t find the parcel.
  • IAmWales
    Amazon Logistics mate. But it was a city link driver that couldn’t find the parcel.

City Link no longer exist. It may be someone using one of their old vans.

You'll need to answer the full question for us to help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback