PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• ClaireT13
    ClaireT13 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening everyone!

Just popping in to declare 2nd NSD in a row :j:j:j
    Definitely won't get through the weekend though - we'll need lunch things for next week. Should be too bad though.

Claire
    Declutter challenge - 81/1500 (5.4%)
    Make £2,021 in 2021 - £148.95/£2,021 (7.3%)
  • Hi everyone, i would like to declare APRIL £128.82. I am both looking forward to and dreading this month, as i am going to try and do £40 for May, which is going to include all spends, grocery, alcohol, toiletries etc. I really need to do this, as i keep buying stuff, but really have enough food to last years (probably). Went to my butcher today and he had packs of chicken thighs for 2.99, or 2 for £5, they had 33 thighs in the 2 packs, very happy with that, so i now have £35 for the month, eeekkk. Good luck everyone
  • Evening all,

Just got 5 mins before my night shift:mad: for a quick coffee and catch up of posts.

Spends for the week include,

£1.50 in poundworld, found some old style light bulbs for 50p, I hate those energy saving ones!!!!
    £3.63 in home bargains, on lunch box stuff.
    £5.20 in Mr A's on popadums, nann, 2 x milk, loaf.
    £1.98 on cola in Iceland
    £1.30 in cakes in sainsbugs. They gave me a £10 off £50 first spend, so I may do that next week after I have used my £6 off £40 in Mr T's.
    TOTAL £13.61

Not too bad, getting the hang of just getting what I need from the shops, try not to look at the YS section too much!!!

Planning a Tesco spend on Sunday, as my MOC has to be used then. Will combine it with a few MOCs from the discount thread to get the total down.

OH paid the last of his credit cards off tonight, so on our way to being debt free. Mine will be paid off at end of May, so I will finally be debt free:T (apart from Mortgage!!!), so working abroad has been worth it, so far.

Hope all have a great weekend, DS05 has a party tomorrow, and got a wobbly tooth tonight, so he is very excited!!!
    Sally.
  • Florenceem - Thanks for the birthday wishes and for the pics of your lovely meals, keep them coming :T

Penny Grabber - Congratualtions on the job :T

MrsCD & Kerfuffle - Thank you for the stardrops info and link :T

I went to A$da yesterday evening with DS, spent £31.42, not really sure what on! Nothing very meal orientated just bits and bobs, I'm a bit cross with myself :mad: I guess I shouldn't leave a teenager in charge of the trolley!

It's been a bleak day here weatherwise, hope the weekend improves.

Happy Friday
    Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • Hi all, :)

I don't get paid until Monday, so haven't officially started my GC yet. But just wanted to say I've had three NSDs in a row! :j And feeling very pleased with myself! :p

Officially I haven't spent anything for longer than that, but DH went food shopping on Tuesday so I'll count from there! We may do a shop over the weekend (to dodge the start of the GC!:D) but we may not manage that until Monday, so will have to start being careful!

Have a good evening everyone! ;)

CB x
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    May already? Where does the time go?

This is a 5 week month for me so I'll need to budget £150 for me and the dog (who's on special food). That's for all toiletries, food, drinks, cleaning and laundry etc.

I need to cut back this month as I've had a very expensive April with redecoration, bills etc.
    So even though £150 is the budget I'd like to spend a lot less (not sure that will happen though).

Been trying to think of cheap meals for this week using what's in and so here's the plan...
    Sat - fajitas
    Sun - fajitas (cooking for one is always hard!)
    Mon - mexican potato bake
    Tues - meat free kiev, beans and croquettes
    Weds - veggie sausages, roasties, stuffing balls and veg
    Thurs - jacket spud, cheese and beans
    Fri - pasta, tomato based sauce with veggies and garlic dough balls

Lunches will be leftovers, bagels, soup or sandwiches and fruit.

It looks like all I need to buy this week is some fruit and veg, milk, bagels, pop, cereal bars and chocolate spread - and toiletries. So maybe £20 ish?

Hmmm - we'll see;)
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi all, not a good start i did an approved foods order (will update total when it arrived) of round £47 got loads tho and i'm really happy with it, but it means i've used a huge chunk of my budget already, shouldn't be a problem tho :) lots of food needs used up in the freezer anyway.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am back in for May. Can you put me down for £140 for the month?

Going on a YS hunt tomorrow and on Sunday I am off to look at buying a second freezer.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NSD here.
    We had Prawn curry with basmati rice and ? bread for dinner. MR F was meant to get naan bread out of the freezer - this is what he came up with - I think it is olive bread - whatever - it was delicious !

7119546615_b41ac1144f.jpg

We are having chicken for dinner tomorrow - no need to spend I hope!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/300
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Fiasco55 wrote: »

Going on a YS hunt tomorrow and on Sunday I am off to look at buying a second freezer.

I've just started looking for one too! Am keeping my eye on freecycle!
    Florenceem wrote: »
    NSD here.
    We had Prawn curry with basmati rice and ? bread for dinner. MR F was meant to get naan bread out of the freezer - this is what he came up with - I think it is olive bread - whatever - it was delicious !

Did you make the bread? It sounds yummy.

To do today:

Meal plan for the week
    Start my online shop at A$da
    Clean out fridge
    Put my 'cheats chicken/quorn pie' ingredients in the SC
    Have a go with my bread maker - bought in Oct and not used yet (I'm a bit scared, i've never owned one before :o)
    Try to have a NSD (taking DD to a large Mr T for an eye test so may be tempted.......:eek:)

Have a good Saturday, grey grey and more grey here!

Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business