Palace Theatre, Manchester - seating plan help please

Comments

• Quentin wrote: »
    The £75 "premium" seats are based on the view, not better legroom.

Contact the theatre and explain you have medical/access problems and they may help if extra legroom seats are available

Thanks this is why I'm looking for an end of aisle seat for DD, she's not in a wheelchair so I'd hate to take the place where someone might have a greater need.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    They would still assist in selecting a suitable seat (many ambulant theatre goers need extra legroom when they have pots etc.

There are seats with space in front, but you would be better getting the theatre's advice rather than spending £75 to discover the seat is no better than a cheaper one as far as legroom is concerned.
  • ollyc
    ollyc Posts: 46 Forumite
    Ziggy Stardust & Quentin, thank you for your info and help. Will try and be quick off the mark and book at the end of the month, £75 is pretty steep for me even though it is a fantastic show.

I don't think I'd get any extra value from purchasing an ATG card - although we visit the theatre quite often its not usually in one of their theatres (normally Sheffield or Nottingham).

The seats either side of the premium seats normally have a pretty good view - I assume they are the outer side of the 2 aisles. Will look and see what selection there is in the circle.

Thanks again
  • ollyc wrote: »
    Ziggy Stardust & Quentin, thank you for your info and help. Will try and be quick off the mark and book at the end of the month, £75 is pretty steep for me even though it is a fantastic show.

I don't think I'd get any extra value from purchasing an ATG card - although we visit the theatre quite often its not usually in one of their theatres (normally Sheffield or Nottingham).

The seats either side of the premium seats normally have a pretty good view - I assume they are the outer side of the 2 aisles. Will look and see what selection there is in the circle.

Thanks again

No the seats on the edge of the aisles near the front are £75 too! :eek:
  • ollyc
    No the seats on the edge of the aisles near the front are £75 too! :eek:

My word, they certainly know how to milk the cash. I've seen premium seating in London theatres but at least (normally) the prices rever to 'standard' prices the other side of the aisle.

I've just looked at a seating plan and there's not a great deal in the front half of the stalls at anything less than £75.

Are there premium seats in the circle too?
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    I went to see Oliver! on Saturday night which was fantastic and I highly recommend it. We were sat in B35 & B36 in the stalls. The view was brilliant, the seats were comfy and there was quite a lot of leg room. I can't wait for Phantom to start and Blood Brothers in June at the Opera House is well worth watching.
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • Just to say, that anyone wanting to see Lion King at The Palace. Don't hang around booking tickets. I struggled getting decent seats, Tickets had only been on sale a week and there wasn't much choice left. I had to get premium seats. very steep prices. I recieved my tickets today. I've seen it 3 times already. It's a magical production. I'm in row D of the stalls, seats 25 & 26. I did alot of reseach before booking and it seems row D 27 & 28 has a pillar in front. I think others must have also read this, as when I was looking at the seating plan when booking my seats, those 2 seats were still available on many dates that I tried. I'm hoping there won't be any neck straining where we are sat, as my sister has a neck problem. If anyone has any info on these seats, I would appreciate your opinion.
  • Ok . Sorry. New to all this. But thanks for putting me straight.
  • ollyc
    I don't recall seeing any pillars at the Palace before and certainly not in the middle block of the stalls near the front so I wouldn't worry about that blocking your view. Plus I'd be a quite surprised if they have sold these as premium seats with an obstructed view. If you still have any doubts I'm sure the ticket office will be able to help to put your mind at rest.

Have the tickets for the Manchester show been sent out then? I've not received mine yet - plenty of time to go though!
  • apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    were going 11th may but unfortunately were in row e of the grand tier. im still dead excited tho coz i think it will be excellent what ever seats we have. we managed to book the premiere inn on portland st for £30 in the sale which makes things much easier for us x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure