PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• natsing
    natsing Posts: 555 Forumite
    Hi
    First challege for me since joining this lovely site, so I thought why not try the shopping challenge, my month started on 26th and we've done the big monthly shop, so only 'top ups' to get, can I be put down for £110 for me and hubby please?
    £90 spent already- although I did buy a bag of 1760 twinings tea bags for £12.99 which will kep me in tea 'til Christmas!

Good luck to all
    Debt free 11/05/11!

Savings £4000/ £300
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi...lovely new thread....thank u to all who get us going...its lovely here today...we are going to fire up the bbq which messes up my meal plan...but hey seize the day...we got a big bag of charcoal from wilkinsons so we are set up for a bit

i got a third of an edam in sainsburys reduced to £1 so i have grated it up and frozen it in boxes....im going to see how i go with it but it if it is a goer i intend to buy reduced cheese and do this as i think cheese has got expensive....we dont eat a great deal but i like to use it on pasta and the occasional cheese and onion sarnie...if anyone is in sainsburys try and have a look at the deli.....ours has always got something reduced...i got edam pepperoni and olives in one visit the other day

we had a nice spag bol today done in the sc...does it really well imo...there is enough left to make a lasagne which hopefully will be nice

hope everyone has a nice weekend...the weather is due to get hotter im told which should be good

take care
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Lovely new thread :D
    Thanks Pink for setting it up, I see my name is already up. Am trying to get some ideas from OH who has seen above post and is quoting BBQ ideas! Maybe he is going to turn our parking space into a garden, bit of sand and a deckchair! Indeed blummin men!!!!!
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • credit_crunch
    credit_crunch Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    njk0327 wrote: »
    8 x squash soup
    8 x carrot and coriander soup
    I think tomorrow may be a naan bread making day, noticed earlier someone mentioning hm tortilla wraps must go and have a look how you make them too!
    good luck for June everyone and thanks for having me.
    Lou x

hope i don't get told for chatting but i was wondering if you would be so kind to share the 2 soup recipes, and also the naan bread if you have it - if not can you point me in the right direction?

this is my first grocery challenge starting on monday when i will be doing my monthly shop armed with lots of mocs and a list as long as my arm ha ha!:T
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Yay I can get in nice and early which might help me to succeed in sticking to a challenge!

I'm going for £150 again, trying to eat more fresh and healthy has its price sadly. Good luck everyone!
  • Julimk
    Julimk Posts: 349 Forumite
    One week in already for me & did a top up shop today. I stuck to my list & came in at £11.35 against the £11.68 guide price from mysupermarket, so I am happy enough with that. Mostly bits for DD’s pack-ups next week – she’s been with her Dad this week.

Although that is now 2/3 of the budget gone with only ¼ of the month gone it is almost exactly where I was this time last month. And I should be able to keep out of the shops until next week.
  • clayremonkey
    clayremonkey Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi Mrs M,

Please put me down for £200 for June (1st to 30th)- I have decided to start my month on 1st June rather than 6th. This month my grocery budget will include pet food and health/beauty products. Wish me luck!! I think I might need it!!!

C
    May Grocery Challenge £121.93/£200 :j
    June Grocery Challenge £48.69/£200
  • lainz
    lainz Posts: 400 Forumite
    Well I have no idea what I spent for May - it was way over what I aimed for, but more like what I orginally planned for May but I thought I as I was away for 2 weeks I'd spend less - not a hope, I am fully stocked up though and starting to get stuff growing in the garden - so need to keep the slugs off ....

Anyway - can you put me down for £87 for June and lets hope theres not too many temptations in the supermarket this month!
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yay, new thread!

I'm down for £200 for June again and I have my spends in my signature as June started on May 22nd for me :rotfl:

Another £2.43 to the signature today on milk and bread and 42p on banananananas (When I was little I would forget to stop when spelling that word!)

So, £2.85 to add.

*wanders off to update*

Edited to add: I spent my day off batch cooking - chilli and shepherds pie, so we will be eating that a lot as I made a total of about seven double portions! We also have a freezer full of meat/meals now and lots of tins. Doing my big start of the month shop on Sunday with my friend (She has a car!) and will be using my £5 off Morrisons voucher from the Sun with that.

Have a frugal month all!

f_f
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hi Credit_Crunch

If you have a look at page 1 you will find loads of recipes on post 4+5 , I can vouch for the naan bread recipe I use -its on there somewhere :p
    Hope that helps :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family