PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Today was my first NSD of the new challenge. I ended up having to cover a shift in work so no YS hunt for me today :(. I have now moved to the sofa and will only be leaving it to sort dinner out. I think it will be something very simple as I am shattered.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    :mad: is it just me or is anyone else finding it hard to THANK people for their posts, maybe just my computer?
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ClaireT13 wrote: »
    Hi

Just popping in to report £16.07 on a MacDonalds and 2 sneaky vanilla slices DH bought (and ate) while I was out :mad:.

Will update signature.

On a slightly different note. I have accumalated 3 £10 of £80 spends at Tesco all to be used next week. Not sure whether to use these all and try to meal plan within an inch of my life or whether I'll just end up wasting money and should just spent as I go? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
    Claire

I've signed up for that Mr T delivery saver so with my shop tomorrow, I think I will qualify for a voucher BUT as with other promotions of a similar nature, its only a saving if I really need to spend £80 next week. I would rather have £80 in my pocket or spend £50 and save myself £30 on unwanted items. my efforts in the past to buy enough products to qualify for a spend promotion have often gone awry.
  • :eek: I'm behind on the thread already!:o Better get reading!

I lost track (of posts, not spends) in April so am going to try extra had to keep up this month - I do find the support fantastic & do sooooo much better when I read everyday!:T

Need to have a frugal month and try to use up some stocks so will be doing an inventory and use some stuff up! Will be having a think about the budget!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • sallybunny
    sallybunny Posts: 61
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A spend of £10.75 in Mr T this morning for a few bits and pieces (more to be divulged later this month!) to get the £10 voucher. I have £50 in vouchers to use, plus the £10 and the wine festival is on until Monday so my plan is to do a big £60 wine stock up and then some 'real' shopping to go with it!

Reading this thread is finally making me actually think about how I'm spending and on what!
  • Gorgeestwo
    Gorgeestwo Posts: 537
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Eeeeek I've spent a fortune today :( but have stocked up on alcohol, some ys meat and a ton of the velvet toilet tissues on offer in Mr T's, we've got enough toilet rolls to last a lifetime now :eek:. I'm also doing a roast dinner for 10 tomorrow - seemed like such a good idea when we invited them!! I'm going to make a malteser cheesecake, scared myself when I added up how much the ingredients for the cheesecake cost, but it'll taste good :D. Will update my sig in a minute.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend :j
  • nicknack
    nicknack Posts: 90 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I'm back on the GC for May (April was a bit of a disaster, I've totally lost track of what I've spent), so I'm going to try for £200 again and will just update my signature as I go along.

For several reasons OH and I have decided to mainly have veggie meals so I'll be scouring the recipe index for some good veggie recipes!

Good luck to everyone for May. :)
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Hello EyesWideOpen at least with your extra stocks you can start meal planning to use them up.
    Craigywv - i seem able to thank people ok, hope you are able to get it sorted.
    Flat Eric- i think my overspends come from using the moc from the supermarket, its a habit i am trying really hard to get out of
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Gorgeestwo wrote: »
    Eeeeek I've spent a fortune today :( but have stocked up on alcohol, some ys meat and a ton of the velvet toilet tissues on offer in Mr T's, we've got enough toilet rolls to last a lifetime now :eek:. I'm also doing a roast dinner for 10 tomorrow - seemed like such a good idea when we invited them!! I'm going to make a malteser cheesecake, scared myself when I added up how much the ingredients for the cheesecake cost, but it'll taste good :D. Will update my sig in a minute.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend :j

That wouldn't by any chance be the white chocolate malteser, malt cheesecake from bbcgoodfood by any chance? If it is, please let me know how it is, because I have Horlicks in the cupboard and was considering making that! :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    FLORENCEEM coooeeeeeeeee whats for dinner? ..............waiting on the photos !!!!!
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure