Selling back on Viagogo - Help Needed

Hi hope someone can help?

My elderly Mum and Dad bought some tickets for the ATP tennis in November at the O2 .... They wanted good seats and have them, but unfortunately now can t go - my Dad is having a Hip replacement and wont be mobile

My Q is this

They bought via Viagogo and were charged a fair bit over the ticket price

You can only resell with Via Gogo who are the offical ticket agent. I think they got redirected there as they wanted a specific block and the official site had already sold out

Does anyone have experiance at selling... You set the price yourself ... Via gogo charge of course for this...

Would you list asap or wait...

Comments

• Hi Ponymad,

I recently was in a similar situation and I sold my ATP Tickets too. I chose to sell them on GET ME IN! for the following reasons, a) they dont charge sellers to use their website getmein.com, b) they are part of Ticketmaster and c) if you look at their Facebook page they have more than 25,000 fans I checked out Viaggog too but there seems to be a lot of people complaining and they do not have that many fans.

The tickets sold and I recieved email notificatins throughout the whole process.

So a big thumbs up :-)

Regards,
    Sunshineman
  • NIC26
    NIC26 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Hi,

I have resold tickets on Viagogo before. Since your parents definitely can't make the event I would list straight away. Tickets will sell if competitively priced against other sellers on there, but may take a little time.

The thing with Viagogo is once tickets have sold you are expected to confirm sale and send within 48 hours. You can arrange to send Royal Mail Special Delivery yourself or use their courier service. If I remember rightly they take about 21 days to process payment for tickets once they have been sent. Make sure when you sell all delivery information is confirmed on their website, so your payment goes through without a hitch.
  • SunshineMan77 - from the info I have it looks llike I can only sell via Viagogo ? Can you confirm how you were ok to sell thro Get Me In ... the tickets were bought thro them and not the Barclays ATP site, I m guessing that the tickets my parents wanted were alrealy sold out.

NIC26
    Will put on site to sell can you add anymore info to help me... We don t have the tickets as they only get sent out a short time before for the ATP, prob to stop people selling thro ohter channels? I can put a reducing price on ...should I ... Should I place on the site to undercut other sellers, Via gogo recommend a price - at present they will stand to lose 70 plus due to charges... what a rip off!
  • sb65
    sb65 Posts: 107 Forumite
    ponymad wrote: »
    SunshineMan77 - from the info I have it looks llike I can only sell via Viagogo ? Can you confirm how you were ok to sell thro Get Me In ... the tickets were bought thro them and not the Barclays ATP site, I m guessing that the tickets my parents wanted were alrealy sold out.

NIC26
    Will put on site to sell can you add anymore info to help me... We don t have the tickets as they only get sent out a short time before for the ATP, prob to stop people selling thro ohter channels? I can put a reducing price on ...should I ... Should I place on the site to undercut other sellers, Via gogo recommend a price - at present they will stand to lose 70 plus due to charges... what a rip off!

Rubbish. You can sell on whatever site you want. Whoever told you that you can list only on VGG doesn't know what they are talking about.

Dont put a reducing price on. Leave it set. Only amateur sellers put a reducing price as they panic and sell to just get out. If they are good seats you will make money. Don't take VGG recommended price either as they just want you to sell at any price so they can get a 12% fee (10% + vat). set the price comparative to others and leave it. Just adjust slightly to others as you go along.

Simple!
  • NIC26
    NIC26 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Hi,

The UK law (restrictions) in relation to resale of tickets is specific to football/olympic tickets. I don't envision you having any problems whatever ticket broker company you choose to use. Since ATP tickets are currently listed on getmein.com if you wanted to sell using that channel I can't see any problems.

It doesn't matter that you don't have tickets in hand when selling. When listing your tickets there is a usually a tick box where you document have not received them yet and when you expect to receive tickets by. So long as you post quickly when they do arrive, it's fine. I have only used viagogo a couple of times when selling tickets for concerts abroad. I personally didn't like the reducing price facility. Because you can get a random person selling 1 ticket for event at low price for quick sale, and your price will be lowered. You can always alter selling price through your account details once listed if you decide. Also I think its better to have a look at what other people are selling similar tickets for (same face value) on that day, rather than go with their recommended price. I have found their recommendations too low or too high in the past. I wouldn't set out to undercut, there is a good space of time before event to sell tickets and they are good seats.
  • Thanks to everyone who helped Sunshineman, Nic26 and SB45.... The tickets got sold... now I just have to hope they arrive so I can send on....Oh and I did use GetMeIn and so far definitely would be a thumbs up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure