We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    ..... expect half a Labrador dog each!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    DaftyDuck wrote: »
    ..... expect half a Labrador dog each!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I will send a "piece" to you too if you are curious ;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    I am assuming you know by "in the post" means by private message
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    I am assuming you know by "in the post" means by private message

Alfie - Totally and utterly breathtaking. OH is so besotted with it. He loves trains and the signal box is to die for - his words.

Hope everything goes well re holibobs.

Gorgeous day here so did some planting of seeds - some I'd actually bought and some I had *cough* liberated from a rather fetching NHS Trust garden near here.

Went up hill this evening to look see - amazing views and good to walk the dog up there - he'll be covered in ticks though. Drier up there than I expected but the grass is coming & the sheep have manured near the old fank really well - so it's quite lush amongst the rough at bits. Just as well they're hardy though.

I have plans for the hill but will keep them under my hat for now.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    All sounding good. hope you find somebody for the woof woggits Alfie. We're trying to find a suitable boy to mate Izzy to when she's next in season. That will be fun but scuppers the plans for going away at the back end.

Had a young chappie here building a log store. I use the term logs loosely as all we chop up are pallets from the deliveries we get. Still it all burns and keeps me amused picking the nails out of the ashes. He also built me a ramp to get the lawnmower out of the shed easier.

The chaps are here installing a new boiler as ours is on its last legs. Cold bath anybody? Glad its being done now as its the DDS big party at the end of the month a joint 18th and 21st and then off to the races on the Sunday which happens to be ladies day.

The DDs may have a chance of going to NZ to do some milking out there, possibly September onwards.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Apologies for not thanking you earlier alfie for that amazing video of the railway, garden etc. :o Stunning, and such fun too!

Hope the holiday arrangements have been sorted.

Hope to post again soon when I have downloaded some piccies of our walk through the bluebell woods near here last weekend.....:D
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    morning peeps..

bit overcast today and the odd spit of rain..

glad you enjoyed the "railway" ... that's lottery win country !!

re my weekend break/dog horror.... nope.... no luck to sort it out yet .. my dogs are no problem but big dog is boisterous. my sister cant do it as her hubbys knee op is imminent, mum cant as big dog too much , other friends are working... I have one last port of call to try if not then im stumped and big dog may have to go to dog sitter/kennels ......

Kingston [foal] has been enjoying her time in with the "big ones" with no trouble except she keeps wanting them to play and to them its like having the annoying little sister following them around ! but they have been good
    2ls893n.jpg
  • DaftyDuck
    Alfie: It's a cute railway - but not what I expected. I had visions of you wielding a sledge, smashing clinker, and driving one-foot pins into sleepers, sweat pouring from biceps ...

In other news, half a dog arrived by post, but not "Hirst-style", as I expected. I got the rear, and it poops everywhere. Having no front end, I can't tick it off. Whoever keeps feeding it mackerel and cod-liver oil, it's not funny anymore, I've run out of Jaypine and scrubbing brushes.

(... It's been a long day and, having finished "work", I set to work building a wood and wire door. I stopped when I stapled my thumb (via the nail) to the wood).

I'm stopping. OH is cooking supper in a couple of hours and, aside from feeding the beasts, I am doing NOTHING. Better - and safer - that way!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hope your thumb's OK today Dafty. I had a similar sort of issue yesterday trying to modify our barbecue with a piece of expanded stainess steel mesh, which ended-up stuck in my middle finger......:( No real problem, till I went to sleep, somehow bashed it, stayed asleep and bled over everything! :o

The bluebell woods around here are magnificent just now, so we took time out to wander round one which we'd heard might not be open to the public again.

P1010734.jpg

In other news, we've bought a post box as a money depository for the gate sales. It won't stop plant theft, but it will mean anything larger than 50p won't be just sitting there....;)

Pete was up here on Monday repairing fences for new neighbour, Horse Woman 2, so I got him in to repair our failed posts as well while he had the basher handy. Turned out we had 9 of them rotted-off, all with 15 year guarantees.:( Claiming on these might be interesting. They've only been in since 2010. :mad:
  • DaftyDuck
    Thumb is just a pin !!!!!. Fine today, slightly bruised. Just feel a prat, and glad I didn't get a chainsaw out next!

Spent part of yesterday helping a friend collect some lost or stolen lambs. Just three week old ones. There are some complete #### about, aren't they? If they were nicked, I have a good idea by whom...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback