PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• vicki2221
    vicki2221 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just told the solicitors we won't be in a position to complete for another month. The ways things are going, the completion date will probably be right before a holiday we have booked mid-April. I really don't want to move, spend 1 night in the house and then go on holiday. So this time they can just wait for us for a change and at least I can think about something else for a few weeks. We can exchange whenever they finally get their a**es in gear but we are not moving until end of April. So there!
    Save £12k in 2018 #130 - £1200/£7,000
  • notanotherknot
    Options
    We haven't moved on at all since my last update. Still waiting on top of the chain to sort out this damn lease document that has suddenly materialised on a freehold property?? Solicitors don't seem to be bothered at all but our mortgage advisor has emailed today to say hes still chasing it and he was going straight to the source this afternoon as the EA's and solicitors in the middle are useless (his words!) Ive lost hope of exchanging before Easter now, considering theres only 1 working day left. So could be Tuesday next week now before I hear anything. Furious!

Hope someone has some good news soon on here, seems the last 2 weeks has been mostly doom and gloom and people loosing their patience (me included)!
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    Finally exchanged - yesterday actually solicitor confirmed and completion planned for tomorrow -yippee, house finally cleared of last bits and cleaned and keys sorted. Felt weird leaving for one last time after living there almost 20 years........
  • Tootling
    Tootling Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, we'd only lived in our house for 3 bit it was our first and i remember seeing it half built. It was really weird leaving it empty like the day we arrived (although not quite as spotlessly clean!)

I find the whole process of seeking your house and saying goodbye to your home a really weird process and really sad knowing I'll never see it as it was again. It exists but will look totally different.

I find my home to be a real important part of me. It gives me stability which is why this limbohouse really makes me unhappy as i have no base, no home, nothing on which to feel secure and relaxed. I can't relax or sit down to enjoy anything.

I miss my old home. I feel sad but to see it again! I know I'll eventually (haha) have a new one but it'll take time to feel a home. And i guess being a first hinge it felt more important to me.

It's weird that you spend so much time and money on a thing and then get so peed off when you can't shift it or it takes ages to do so. Then spend days panicking over packing, rush around on the final day and hardly get a moment to think about all that until you've left and.. oh crap. Last time to really say goodbye and i was to much in a hurry to get out!
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    Tootling wrote: »
    Yeah, we'd only lived in our house for 3 bit it was our first and i remember seeing it half built. It was really weird leaving it empty like the day we arrived (although not quite as spotlessly clean!)

I find the whole process of seeking your house and saying goodbye to your home a really weird process and really sad knowing I'll never see it as it was again. It exists but will look totally different.

I find my home to be a real important part of me. It gives me stability which is why this limbohouse really makes me unhappy as i have no base, no home, nothing on which to feel secure and relaxed. I can't relax or sit down to enjoy anything.

I miss my old home. I feel sad but to see it again! I know I'll eventually (haha) have a new one but it'll take time to feel a home. And i guess being a first hinge it felt more important to me.

It's weird that you spend so much time and money on a thing and then get so peed off when you can't shift it or it takes ages to do so. Then spend days panicking over packing, rush around on the final day and hardly get a moment to think about all that until you've left and.. oh crap. Last time to really say goodbye and i was to much in a hurry to get out!
    Totally agree, I guess there are lots of memories attached. I looked in a room and could remember me and hubby moving in after married and steaming off wallpaper, I can remember bringing home the kids when they were babies and having them bouncing in the doorway. I took a photo of the back of the living room door with all the heights of kids (and us and nana!) at various dates over the years!! It doesn't feel like home now and we love our new place. As our old house is a cul de sac we won't have any reason to go past it.

Tootling it will be lovely to eventually get your place and relax x

So over to the mortgage free wannabe boards and see you over there!!

Good luck everyone I will pop on and check progress......

SLM (add one 9 week old pup to signature!!)
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Just received the contract and land registry documents to sign - AND my name is incorrectly spelt! There's another week lost getting them reissued!
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • pink_pirlie
    pink_pirlie Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »
    Just received the contract and land registry documents to sign - AND my name is incorrectly spelt! There's another week lost getting them reissued!

My buyer’s name was spelt wrongly on the land registry form and I signed the last page in any case and they just redid the pages with the name spelt wrong on.
    If it’s wrong on pages you need to sign you -
    land registry you can print these off the internet
    the contract you would have to wait I’m afraid.

Hopefully you can find a way around it taking a while.

We are still waiting. I’m getting really annoyed I have been in temporary accommodation for 2 months now with no end in sight, I was expecting 2-3 weeks.
    I put lots of things in storage that I thought “I can do without this for 2-3 weeks, even a bit longer if there is a delay.” But after 8 weeks and no news on a potential exchange date I’m really missing things.
    We go on holiday on Tuesday for a week so there is no way for exchange to happen before 16th March from my point of view as I’m not exchanging on a property I haven’t seen since November and the first opportunity to view will be the weekend of the 14th. But that’s assuming the vendor is ready to exchange by then.
  • TamsinC
    Options
    My buyer’s name was spelt wrongly on the land registry form and I signed the last page in any case and they just redid the pages with the name spelt wrong on.
    If it’s wrong on pages you need to sign you -
    land registry you can print these off the internet
    the contract you would have to wait I’m afraid.

Hopefully you can find a way around it taking a while.
    We are the buyers and I won't sign a document where my name is wrong - it's wrong on all pages with my name. My printer is bust too so I'm faired this is one for the solicitors to sort out. I've emailed them (but of course its Easter), we are going into their office on Tuesday so they can either witness us signing the new documents then or they will have to send them out and we get them witnessed over the week and then sent back again. Luckily we aren't in any rush - as still waiting on a Deed of Easement from the seller - it's just sloppy work on the solicitors part. 4 documents sent to sign and 50%have my name spelt incorrectly.
  • Coldfy
    Coldfy Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!

We’re finally waiting to exchange! FTB, offer accepted on amazing property 8/3. Going through all the paperwork now and shocked at the lack of accuracy from sellers documentation!

We *think* we’re in a short chain (our vendor is buying from end of chain), but its really difficult to get confirmation of that or dates from EA or solicitor. No dates have been proposed yet.

Does anyone know how to stop the EA chasing us every 2 days? We’ve done everything as fast as we can but he keeps phoning and emailing asking for things that are out of our control!
  • TamsinC
    Options
    Coldfy wrote: »
    Hi all!

We’re finally waiting to exchange! FTB, offer accepted on amazing property 8/3. Going through all the paperwork now and shocked at the lack of accuracy from sellers documentation!

We *think* we’re in a short chain (our vendor is buying from end of chain), but its really difficult to get confirmation of that or dates from EA or solicitor. No dates have been proposed yet.

Does anyone know how to stop the EA chasing us every 2 days? We’ve done everything as fast as we can but he keeps phoning and emailing asking for things that are out of our control!

Congratulations!:T

As for the EA just tell him to stop - everything is in the hands of the solicitors and there is nothing you can do to speed things along. And then refuse to answer his phone calls and ignore his emails.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport