MBNA is the worst experience ever

Options

Comments

• Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Not to worry folks...ive just called MBNA and said i was Mr Nosey-Parker from MSE Forum and MBNA have admitted full liability and have written a groveling apology and have assured me they will alter the company policy with immediate effect and have as a gesture of good will offerd the OP a limitless credit limit and indefinite 0% deal.

Well lets be honest its the very least they could do...isn't it..?:p
  • kwame41
    kwame41 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I have no sympathy for the OP.

You could have phoned up and made the application that way.

The choice you made on the application was stupid.

You need to contact MBNA and make sure they understand it was an oversight and not deliberate. If you dont your exposing yourself to much more trouble as others have already mentioned.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not to worry folks...ive just called MBNA and said i was Mr Nosey-Parker from MSE Forum and MBNA have admitted full liability and have written a groveling apology and have assured me they will alter the company policy with immediate effect and have as a gesture of good will offerd the OP a limitless credit limit and indefinite 0% deal.

Well lets be honest its the very least they could do...isn't it..?:p

Very funny but not very helpful for the OP.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    I am getting the feeling that you don't understand what you have done and are taking it very lightly

by making a misrepresentation on an application form for credit you open yourself to having a marker put against you which means that you won't be able to apply for any form of credit for the next 6 years

this means you won't be able to open a bank account , credit card, mobile phone contract or anything like that for 6 years. Furthermore, existing bank accounts etc are liable to be closed.

in the end the choice is yours but if I were you I would ring them up , apologise and say you made a mistake and put your old employer incorrectly
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No matter whether you write, for example, AB-1-2 or AB-one-two, when you say it, it's exactly the same thing.
    No, it's not. If a company is registered at Companies House as "AB-1-2" then that's its name; its name is not "AB-one-two".
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    No, it's not. If a company is registered at Companies House as "AB-1-2" then that's its name; its name is not "AB-one-two".
    Let's face it though - if the OP had written "AB-one-two" and not "AB-1-2" no-one's going to be accusing them of fraud, are they?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    I doubt many put their employer's name down as the one that is registered at companies house.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I doubt many put their employer's name down as the one that is registered at companies house.
    My point is, though, that to 'lie' implies an attempt to mislead by false information.

Putting down "AB-one-two" instead of "AB-1-2" is not an attempt to mislead. People seem to think that doing this is still 'lying'.

Putting down you work for Barclays Bank at 57 High Street in Anytown instead of whatever Barclays' head office is is not an attempt to mislead.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • Breadcake
    Breadcake Posts: 41 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2018 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    Let's face it though - if the OP had written "AB-one-two" and not "AB-1-2" no-one's going to be accusing them of fraud, are they?

I agree, while the MBNA system is not ideal and should allow numbers, it is better to put numbers using letters as opposed to saying the employer is ACME Corporation.

If National Hunter held 'AB-1-2' on file as the most recent entries with historical data showing ACME Corporation it would lead me to think a fraudster has hold of someone's personal details albeit not up to date... (e.g. by rummaging through bins for documents not shredded).
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    dianav wrote: »
    I understand that it was a mistake from my part to lie on my application, but the only reason I did so was because their website did not allow to put a correct name. I didn’t think to put the numbers in words either, good idea, but technically that is also a lie. So in any case I would have lied. And I did answer all other security questions, including the previous employer as soon as they said that employer is incorrect, and explained to them why I did so. I understand that they want prevent fraud and identity theft, but I did recieve the card to the address where I live more than 8 years, house belongs to me, I called from my mobile number shown in application, and I answered all security questions they had.

Point is - they want me to prove that I work in the company that I stated on the phone so I can continue using the card, but why should I (except for the Cifas - thanks for the advice)? I am not planning to use the card at all without balance transfer, I just want to cancel it. All of this is just due to the fact that MBNA website does not accept numbers in the Emlpoyers name field. And they know it and acknowledged it on the phone. And it is stupid. Don’t forget that I did not recieve the first card, and was suspended three times due to “logging off” and other unknown reasons. Anyway sorry to bother you guys, from the responses I understand that I shouldn’t have “lied”. I was stupid and never expected that it was as important as it is, if I am correct other cards that I have applied in the past did not even bother to ask for employers name.

No, if their website didn't let you put in whats correct, You put nothing in at all and you phone somebody instead.

Just because a gate is locked doesn't mean you jump the fence...
    Save £12k in 2019 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport