Cinema Chain takes cash but does not issue tickets

Options
We purchased 2 cinema tickets using the Picture House website.

I then had to authorise payment using our Monzo Bank app..which meant we had to move away from our desktop and find the phone.

When the phone was found, I authorised payment and assumed that, as usual we would receive tickets by email.

It was only in the day of the performance that we realised the tickets had not been issued, and the reason was obvious ..the delay between the online booking and authorisation on the Monzo Bank app was long enough for the booking to be invalidated.

We still attended the cinema, but had to plead with the manager to allow us to view the film. The manager was excellent, provided seats. but warned us that we may be evicted if others had booked the seats, which made us feel like second class citizens for a service which we had paid fully.

Both the Bank and Picture House say the cinema fulfilled their obligation by allowing us to see the film.

I think their first obligation was to give us the tickets we had paid for, or spot there was a problem and provide an automatic refund.

The cinema still has our cash.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would the cinema not still have your cash? You saw the film as planned.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think Picturehouses web site gives you 10 minutes to pay after you have chosen seats.

Presumably money has gone from your Monzo site and I hope that Picturehouses have received it.

Picturehouses cannot be faulted in allowing you in without a ticket. Many businesses would not have been so generous - I can't imagine a railway company, for instance, letting you off travelling without a ticket.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Need to use a proper bank in future !
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So you want a refund from the picture house despite being allowed in to see the film?

Is it just me or these threads getting more and more ridiculous?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure