Christmas bonus letters

Does anyone know the rough timing of the Christmas bonus letters? I don't usually notice them but this year I'm having to monitor my post due to issues with Royal Mail but I'm not sure when the letter should arrive. I have a PIP payment due tomorrow and my December payment will be on 21st December.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It varies a lot for everyone. I had mine last year a few weeks before my daughter. I had the bonus before the letter, as is usually the case with payments from DWP.

I would say once you had the payment, look for the letter, then again once you've had the payment you wouldn't really need to the letter.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It varies a lot for everyone. I had mine last year a few weeks before my daughter. I had the bonus before the letter, as is usually the case with payments from DWP.

I would say once you had the payment, look for the letter, then again once you've had the payment you wouldn't really need to the letter.

Thanks, I'm not sure I even get a letter every year. Some years my bonus has been in the January payment too but my post has been going missing particularly items that look official or expensive (bank cards, birthday cards etc. Basically all I've had is junk mail for months.) someone tried to cash a cheque recently so the RM are finally taking me seriously but I can't monitor when the DWP are so bloody vague.
  • Often get the £10 followed by the letter.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    I do find this a bit of a bizarre question.
  • gbhxu
    gbhxu Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Woolco wrote: »

To me it seems that OP is a Scot.

We all know how tight they are!
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite

Why? Someone's stealing Jen's post so she needs to know when something's due. I don't see anything remotely bizarre.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Hi, Now, paid in first week of December
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jen said she was having issues with the mail
    she did not say someone was stealing it.....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry why are you sticking your hooter in?

The member who asked the question is familiar to me as they were very active on a forum thread about "friendly societies" and gave really good advice about avoiding them. A thread that went on and on and on.

So I got the impression that the member was good with money and that asking about £10 seemed what I said earlier.

Is that enough for you?

The money doesn't come in the post, it's paid by BACS. The letter has my NI number and other details and can be used to prove ID for things like banking (or cashing cheques).

The Royal Mail have asked me to report when mail isn't delivered but I can't do that when I don't know when letters are due. I did phone the DWP but they very helpfully told me it comes in winter...
  • My son's arrived today Jen. I don't know if that is any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure