MSE Poll: The MoneySavingExpert.com Annual Census

Comments

• percygsi wrote: »
    Its very worrying how many people rely on BBC for their source of news. BBC new is very unreliable and untrustworthy. There are plenty of independent and unbiased sources or news these days.

Okay, I'll bite.

Name them, if there are plenty reeling off at least 5 shouldn't be a problem.
  • kathrynha wrote: »
    Same here, except I have a preference for Jaffa cakes

That's not a biscuit :D
  • I have both an apprenticeship and a City & Guilds certificate but I was not allowed to select both.

I chose the apprenticeship as in my opinion it is worth far more than any bit of paper saying that I passed an exam.

My pet peeve with qualification questions in surveys is they never have a category for HNDs which would slot in between NVQ/City and Guilds and degree level.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    That's not a biscuit :D

Indeed.

The VATman tried to claim that Jaffa Cakes are biscuits, and therefore subject to VAT.

McVities mounted a legal challenge, which decided they are cakes, and not subject to VAT.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Viennese Whirls aren't biscuits!
    And miffed I missed the "Jedi" option until after hitting Submit.
  • I missed the "Jedi" option until after hitting Submit.

The force is weak with you.
  • billco
    billco Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Makes me feel good knowing although im in the minority with only GCSE grades (poor grades) im a step up from the majority of people getting 20-30k XD
    One years target for mortgage deposit:

UPDATE: 27k achieved keeping steady grand a month bank
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Trouble is I tend to visit a number of news sites and listen to news bulletins on various chanels depending on what I want to find out about (including english language versions of foreign press). You weren't allowed to submit more than one choice so it had to be none / other.
  • Seems I'm Mr average except for biscuits, that was the hardest question on the survey.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • percygsi wrote: »
    Its very worrying how many people rely on BBC for their source of news. BBC new is very unreliable and untrustworthy. There are plenty of independent and unbiased sources or news these days.

percygsi
    You state:
    "Its very worrying how many people rely on BBC for their source of news. BBC new is very unreliable and untrustworthy."
    Your words are written to sound like facts.
    They are not, they are opinion.
    Also, your words, spelling, grammar and punctuation are somewhat "unreliable and untrustworthy."
    FACT !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport