iSoftStone

Comments

• MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Dexxter wrote: »
    Have you emailed them Mallrat and is there any reason why you may not have work such as audits or RTAs?

I hope you hear some positive news soon.

I emailed them this morning but have heard nothing back yet. All I know is there's been no work available for me since I came back from holiday towards the end of last month. Surely they wouldn't fire me and give my job to someone else just cos I didn't log in for a few days?! Would be useful if someone else could either confirm or deny whether they've had any work since last Monday though, as I'm still completely unclear as to whether I'm the only one who's currently NRT.. :huh:
  • I've had work last week and today. Actually considering last week was the last week of the month it lasted much longer than normal - think I normally run out on a Monday/ Tuesday on the last week but it was Thursday last week.

I emailed about the contracts last week but they said they hadn't heard anything yet. Think last time we didn't hear until a few days before the contract was due to run out.

(oh and hi been lurking for a while and doing WARP for ISS since last August was working for ABH before that for a few years but quit because it was just too damn stressful!)
  • Yoshi88
    Yoshi88 Posts: 53 Forumite
    I've also had work last week and today. Forgot about the contract situation, hopefully we hear something about them soon.
  • MallRat
    I've had work last week and today. Actually considering last week was the last week of the month it lasted much longer than normal - think I normally run out on a Monday/ Tuesday on the last week but it was Thursday last week.

I emailed about the contracts last week but they said they hadn't heard anything yet. Think last time we didn't hear until a few days before the contract was due to run out.

(oh and hi been lurking for a while and doing WARP for ISS since last August was working for ABH before that for a few years but quit because it was just too damn stressful!)

Thanks for the info. I just assumed when I logged in to find no work last week that it'd all been snapped up by early birds, seeing as they had mentioned there weren't likely to be many hours available in their email. But at the same time I did think it was a little weird, which is why I posted on here at the time. Obviously if I'd known that others were working as normal, I could've looked into things sooner, and possibly had a better chance of keeping my job than I might have now. :(
    Yoshi88 wrote: »
    I've also had work last week and today. Forgot about the contract situation, hopefully we hear something about them soon.

Thanks.
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    That's unusual. Hope it's just some technical issue with your account Mallrat, it would be very unprofessional of them to kick someone off without any communication.
  • MallRat
    extraJam wrote: »
    That's unusual. Hope it's just some technical issue with your account Mallrat, it would be very unprofessional of them to kick someone off without any communication.

Am currently hoping it's just something that happens automatically if you don't access the task for a certain amount of time. They did send me the "you're back in production" email last week after all, and as you say there's been no other sort of communication from them. Just annoyed by the realisation that I've missed out on over a week's work/pay, while at the same time keep imagining the worst, ie that they'll not allow me/be able to let me back in!
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having MallRat, have you heard anything back? Hopefully just a technical issue.

Really hoping the contracts get renewed as I've probably become tll reliant on this work...
  • MallRat
    edited 4 June 2015 at 5:53PM
    271906 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having MallRat, have you heard anything back? Hopefully just a technical issue.

The project manager got back to me and confirmed I'd been removed as I "hadn't worked for 2 weeks". Even though the task had disappeared after the first week. Apparently I was supposed to automatically know something was wrong at that point, and email her to let her know. :undecided
    Anyway, I'm back working now as luckily she was able to reinstate me. Am currently doing the maximum hours for the first time though, in an attempt to make up for the ones I lost out on!
    271906 wrote: »
    Really hoping the contracts get renewed as I've probably become tll reliant on this work...

Not sure what's going to happen. They seem to be taking people on in other markets for a job with a similar title at the moment, although I've seen 100+ page training documents mentioned, as well as having to watch videos. So it's obviously not exactly the same thing we did. I do find it a bit weird that there's some task subjects mentioned in our guidelines that we haven't even seen yet after 10 months though, so maybe that suggests our project will need to continue for longer?! :p
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    I'm glad to hear you've been reinstated. The very least I'd expect though is an email to say I'd been removed.

I'm hoping that the email this week about speed and quality doesn't indicate they're going to start getting like Appen in the future.

It's been so nice being freed from the dread of an SLR
  • I recently had to sign another contract for the current 6-month period for a reason X. The way it's written now, it seems like if you don't meet the metrics for the pay period, they won't pay you at all.

Has anyone been under review lately?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure