F&F Settlement offer

Options
Hi All,
Please help if you can.

I owe £3698 to Link Financial Outsourcing have made 3 offers up to the last one at £2500 which they have turned down said they would except £2752 to settle account, I have asked for this in writing by post or email for proof.

I have received this email today

Further to our conversation and offer to settle the account for the sum of �00.00. Unfortunately we are unable to accept this sum but we would be prepared to accept the sum of �52.22 in settlement of this account. On receipt of cleared funds we will close your account with no further monies owed and update your credit file as partially settled.

Payment should be made to Sort Code 40-05-30 Account Number 54192761. Payment should reach our office by 22nd December 2018

This e-mail (and any attachment) is confidential and should not be distributed further unless approved by the author. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have otherwise received this email in error, please delete the email and inform the sender as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, used or copied by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). While we believe that the information contained in this email is correct at the date of the email, no warranty or representation is given to this effect and no responsibility is accepted for any action taken on the basis of this information. We may record telephone calls to improve customer service and for our mutual protection.

LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING LIMITED, a company incorporated in England, with registered number 7059696 and having its registered office at Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, number 606817

Please consider the environment before printing this email

They have not put the correct amount for my offer or settlement, do I ask them to resend it or just pay the £52

Sorry about the grammar

Regards Simon

Comments

• Potbellypig
    Options
    You don't have to speak to them as you've got the bank details to pay, so just pay the £52 and wait for their next move.

Chances are they'll come back and say it was a mistake and they want the other £2700, but you never know.
  • whattodo1968
    Options
    Hi,

Made payment of £52.22

Fingers crossed.

Regards Simon
  • January2015
    Options
    Good luck - hope you have a positive outcome from this. It would be fantastic if they have settled it for such a small sum.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pay it and then make sure you keep that letter in a safe place!
  • whattodo1968
    Options
    Hi All
    Well, didn’t get away with it had to pay counter offer £2752 to link today, but Good news now Debit Free ����
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure