Can you have a MSE wedding in Florida ?

duchy
duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
edited 21 October 2018 at 9:50PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Simple answer. Yes !

We were originally going to elope to Vegas just OH and I , my adult son and my best friend. Sadly my best friend died very unexpectedly and as she was a big participant in the planning I cancelled as it just didn't feel right there without her.

So the hunt was on for a new location.......after a brief flirtation with the gorgeous and free Chapel Dulceima in Texas we settled on Florida .

Facebook is full of weddings at Disney ...cost aside (and they are very expensive) they are inflexible, won't even confirm a date until 9 months prior and every extra seems very overpriced. I understand every bride wants to be a princess for the day but this elderly princess didn't feel inspired by it .

Much research later I came across this ......

Hmmm photo isn't showing .....here's the website
https://www.chapeloflovefl.com
Forty minutes and a world away from brash Orlando and $280 including the celebrant and some photos.

Yes it's 3,000 miles away but we'd budgeted for a long haul holiday as a honeymoon.
Flights came in at £380 pp on a Norwegian flash sale
For the week of the wedding we booked a four bedroom villa with pool for £600 (with an utterly gorgeous view over a lake). We booked it to have getting ready space but as it turned out other family members later decided to join us so we ended up with seven across three generations.
Cake was a two tier custom cake for $65 from a supermarket ordered in advance
After the wedding we had planned a meal out but in the end as it was so hot entertained back at the villa so the kids could play in the pool. We bought a few sandwich platters from the supermarket when we picked up the cake.
As entertainment I booked a caricaturist to come to the villa for two hours , he was a huge hit and at $250 I felt very reasonable.

The chapel included bouquet and buttonhole but I brought my own purchased from a bride who had changed her colour scheme and offered them on one of the private bride's groups on FB. These groups are brilliant for all kinds of wedding bits and pieces.

I didn't want a full blown wedding dress with train but something lighter but still bridal after giving up in the shops I found a beaded beach wedding dress on eBay for £50. The groom's suit trousers and waist coat came from Burton's sale at £40.

Carhire and other hotels before and after the villa came out of the honeymoon budget and both budgets came out under budget.

It was perfect for us a special ceremony in a lovely location without breaking the bank .
I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family