Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Comments

• Juliandicks
    Juliandicks Posts: 13 Forumite
    Unlike some on the forum I wasn't lucky enough to have signed up to Woldlink's original monthly deal and have seen their price falling whilst mine has been increasing thanks to Flogas very generous price increases over the past 6 months.

Anyway end of contract spoke to Woldlink as they have always been helpful and seemingly just as frustrated with high pricing structure as me, they came back with an alternative supplier and pricing at a price i thought was very good, so definitely worth giving a chance.

27 pence per litre fixed for 12 months with a cap of 3p in any 6 month period second year. (Based on 3000 litre per year usage)

http://www.woldlink.co.uk/bulk-gas-domestic-lpg-pricing/
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    New monthly pricing for May reveals a 1p increase from April to 29.95 ppl +5% VAT.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi all, I've been asked to post a list of the offers I had when looking for a new LPG supplier

We're in SK postcode area, 2000 litre tank, no idea of estimated usage yet (2 of us in a 3 bed detached house). Used about 40% of the tank in the last 2 (rather cold and quite snowy!) months.

Calor
    (existing supplier, although we've just moved into the house so we've had no contract with them)
    Initial price: 37ppl + vat for 1 year
    Maximum rise: 'variable' price in second year
    Tank rental: £63 a year
    Contract length: 2 years

Bywater Gas (local ish)
    Initial price: 39ppl +vat
    Maximum rise: none - no contract
    Tank rental: £66 a year
    Contract length: none (yes, really)

Woldlink (contract would be with Avanti)
    Initial price: 29.5ppl
    Maximum rise: 3p per 6 months in second year
    Tank rental: £63 a year
    Contract length: 2 years

We're going for Woldlink - they're sending someone out to check the tank next week.
  • bf772
    bf772 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am with flogas and with thanks to LPG compare website they found me the cheapest quote on a two year contract. I got £150 gas free and paid 29p first year then it went up to 36p this year. When contract ends in August I will be in touch with LPG compare as they shop around for you to get you the best deal...all for free!
  • Sugarloaf
    Sugarloaf Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, My last bill from Flogas has gone up to 61.20pp from 37pp. Has anyone else had the same problem? Thanks
    I am a Kitchen Designer!
  • Hi

We're on a metered estate - 16 houses with LPG supplied centrally. Have been with FloGas, but they really hiked prices - latest ask is around 56p a litre. They thought we were tied in contractually, but I found that they had breached their own terms and conditions by not supplying Index values to justify their increases by reference to shifts in the wholesale price of LPG. Their T&Cs published online say they'll quote Platt's Index and they never have.

Having successfully argued breach of contract we're now switching suppliers. A local supplier is offering 34p a litre with better contract terms.

Utterly sick of FloGas games - latest of which is to try to hook our neighbours back into contract before we get switched.

You can do much better.
  • Sugarloaf
    Sugarloaf Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for letting us know. Which supplier did you go with?
    I am a Kitchen Designer!
  • Have 2 suppliers as i live on the isle of wight
    flogas and calor

have been given a calor price at 37p plus £20 per quarter

im hearing horror stories about flogas here but unsure if calor are just as bad
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Confirmation from Woldlink that LPG pricing for July shows a slight reduction at 32.63ppl +5% VAT
  • Cottage_Economy
    Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 August 2018 at 3:04PM
    Just gone to do my usual annual Summer order of oil to be quoted by Boilerjuice a horrific 48.95p/l.

I don't know whether to buy a minimal 500 litres and get the rest later if it comes down in price or bite the bullet, ring round Lincolnshire and beyond to try and get a few pennies off the whole 2000.

Disappointing.

Last year I paid £660 to fill the tank. Now I'm looking at £1030.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback