Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all,
    I'm ill - AGAIN! Just got over a severe sore throat about three weeks ago, going into work each day as I'm a temp and don't get sick pay. Now have flu? Have had severe aches and pains for the last three days coupled with a bad headache last night. Went to bed at 8.30pm and got up at 1.30pm today! Such a waste of a day but although I'm wobbly I'm feeling a little brighter. I've booked Monday off as holiday as it's half term here next week.
    As a result I haven't done any crafting at all this week. Still need to sew in the ends of the blanket in order to start the edging. Not sure my eyes are up to it today....
    Thanks for the heads up about the Glasgow show nmm. I'm not going as it's a fair distance for me but still contemplating Yarndale in September. My sister has just bought a holiday home in Yorkshire so I'm thinking I could stay there - she completes on Monday.
    I'm trying to set up a Flickr account to be able to post photos as my photobucket account is now chargeable. Maybe a project for tomorrow if I feel well enough.
    Hope everyone is doing okay.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,380
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Oh coxy, that sounds awful, get lots of rest I hope you feel better soon. I only asked about the Glasgow show as there is a coach trip from where I live to it, but I don't want to go on my own, haha. I'm still up for Yarndale so I hope we manage that.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,280
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all - hope everyone is ok?

Part 2 of stitchalong released Sunday morning and all done.

52743974_10156739625190520_4149755426679816192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=19de848a04d6100c4e6670b0f4172f4a&oe=5CEBE485
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Oh JCS1 that looks fab. Loving the needle minder too - is that Poldark?!
    I am feeling so much better. Managed to sew in the blanket ends AND do some of my Pretty Little London cross stitch last night - a Sentry Box and Guard plus a Taxi! Also finished the stumpwork project that I did at the Royal School of Needlework last May - finished the needlelace leaves and attached them (redid one of them as I wasn't pleased with it) plus attached the wired bumblebee wings. I am going to frame it in a little hoop, so need some felt for the back. Will go to Hobbycraft for that as I know they sell A4 single pieces.
    DH and I went to Brighton for the day today - a little cloudy and started raining towards the end of the day, but a lovely lunch and coffee and cake!! Back to work tomorrow :(
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,280
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It is a Poldark Needle minder :-) Also got a Colin Firth/Mr Darcy one.....

You've got a lot done, glad you are feeling better. I've never been brave enough to try anything other than cross stitch, but the stumpwork looks amazing.
  • nmm
    Forumite
    Coxy, love the stumpwork, I remember you going to that last year. Pretty little London, looks good too.

JCS1, very pretty, its seems to be coming along quickly :)

I've bought myself a sewing machine, I would like to make items to sell eventually, I also love watching GB Sewing Bee. I would love to sell cross stitch and crochet items but I take too long to make them, so that will remain my hobby. Latest Elvis update, the lighting in this room is terrible at times.

47092041942_4aa9c70029.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Loving the update nmm. You seem very structured doing a page at a time. I think that's where I go wrong - I leap about all over the place, stitching whatever bit I fancy!
    Disaster on the Yarndale front - it's on 28/29 sept - we have booked a meal out for DDs 18th on the Sunday but I thought I could travel up Friday, stay over and go on Saturday then home. Alas, looking at my diary I've realised we are at the theatre - new show Groan Ups (from the makers of the play that goes wrong). I wouldn't mind but we rarely go out, so can't believe I didn't twig it was the same weekend as Yarndale grrr. Next year nmm if you're up for it?
    Did manage to pop to Hobbycraft for felt last night - one green and one royal blue. Will see what looks best (it's only on the back but even so!). I also bought some lilac A6 card blanks for the Mother's Day cards. Have crocheted some little flowers to attach - will see how that turns out!
    Have a good evening all
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Forumite
    I do prefer doing a page at a time, I try to do all of the one colour in a area if possible, it helps me keep track easier. No worries about Yarndale next year will be fine, I think I read on their site that a cycling event is on at the same time so going to cause a few issues for them.
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    edited 24 February 2019 at 2:35PM
    Hello everyone,
    What a glorious weekend, full of sunshine. I hope it's been good where you are? DH took the scouts away for their annual frosty camp where they make shelters and sleep outside all night. Probably the hottest 'frosty' camp they've done in 10 years!
    It's been a quiet weekend for me. I have done some cross stitch and also framed the stumpwork project. I've also attached the crocheted flowers to the cards for Mother's Day. Need to find some calligraphy to print out.
    It's the monthly craft group on Thursday so will take my crocheted blanket and do some of the edging. Apparently the weather is meant to turn again this week so I will appreciate the warmth of the blanket on my lap.
    Hope you're all going well.
    Coxy
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/47145067032/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/47196879801/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/47145067262/in/dateposted-public/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure