Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

shala_moo
shala_moo Posts: 3,272
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 26 February 2017 at 5:29PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

Comments

• shala_moo
    Forumite
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• shala_moo
    Forumite
    This a list of all our lovely SW-ers that have reached target!

They have a wealth of knowledge, having been there, done it, and bought the smaller t-shirt so please feel free to ask them (and us) questions!

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Maman - target member since Aug 11
    JoeDenise - target member since Jul 12
    Take It Easy - target member for 10 years
    Meg72 - target member since Aug 15
    Tweets - target member since Aug 15
    Blue_Eyed_Girl - target member since May 2016
    Arkers - target member since June 2016
    MrsP1987 - target member since August 2016
    Debjay - target member since August 2016
    Beanielou - target member since October 2016
    Matron Midge - target member since October 2016
    Orlao - target member since October 2016
    rjhammond - target member since November 2016
    Emmylou - target member since November 2016

• shala_moo
    Forumite
    If you need to get back on track, or need some extra motivation then give this post a read, thanks to Tete for taking the time out to help :D..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickle29 View Post

Hello everyone
    How do you start again? I was going to sw, lost half a stone in a month - really into it! ....... then messed about, new kitchen, family christening, stress with work, comfort eating, dog died, weekend away, you name it I've got an excuse why I went off plan and put it all on again!
    Last weekend went away and couldn't believe how awful I looked in my clothes and in the fotos!
    Need to get Back on plan, hoping to rejoin on Saturday - but how do you get back on plan when you have been grazing all day every day and appear together constantly hungry. I'm so down and want to do it but know it's going to be soon hard!!! Help!

Hi Pickle, I'm sure we can all relate to your post and I've certainly had a few blips in recent months when life was throwing lemons thick and fast.

I'm not an 'official' paid up member of SW, nor am I really a veteran as I've only been doing it since September, but for me the trick is to really go gung-ho, at least at the start. Find a couple of weeks where you have no big social engagements, weekends away, or stressy work times (ones you can predict anyway), so you can really get in the groove. Spend a day clearing out your kitchen of all temptations, go through your recipe books, magazines and the website, and make a full meal plan for the week. Think also about the kinds of snacks you'll eat and factor in Syns (I love meringue nests for a sweet treat at 2-3 Syns dep. on brand) then make a list and go shopping, sticking religiously to it.

Make sure you measure and weigh your HEs and write down everything you eat - often we'll pick at something small and forget we've had it but it all adds up.

Cook in batches where possible and make use of your freezer - that way you'll always have something ready-made to hand in a pinch. Make use of the SW ready meals from Iceland too - I always have a couple in the freezer just in case.

Make sure that 1/3 of each meal is Speed as this is the real key to weight loss - the Speed stuff is what fills you whilst being low in calories and high in nutrients.

Make sure you eat enough to feel satisfied. The whole point of SW is that it doesn't deprive so you shouldn't feel hungry. I'm a grazer too, especially at my desk at work, so think about the kinds of things you can have in your situation. Muller lights are free and fill a hole, and another of my faves is to chop raw carrots into 'crisps' and munch on those from a bag.

Think about your Syns too. How many are already accounted for in the meals you've planned and hot drinks with sugar etc? For this reason I try to keep my meals free and drink fruit teas through the day instead of sugary coffee, which I'd much prefer!

Make sure you're eating stuff you enjoy!! I'm not a fan of most fruits for example, so I don't bother buying them anymore (took me a while to have that epiphany!) and only get the ones I know I will eat - apples and my beloved passion fruits basically :o If you're not enjoying what you're eating and looking forward to each meal, then it isn't going to work as you'll resent the plan.

Most important thing to remember is: If you DO have a blip, let it be just that. The best analogy someone told me was: If your car got a flat tyre, would you then get out and slash the other three in anger? No, because it would make the situation worse. So if you have a bad day, don't turn it into seven bad days.

And stay accountable. Write everything you eat in your book, report in here each evening, keep going to group. There are loads of facebook groups and you can post your meals on Instagram and Twitter... Everyone's watching!! :rotfl:

Sorry that came out a bit long and rambly, but I hope not preachy, and I hope I haven't missed anything fundamental :o Good luck!!

• shala_moo
    Forumite
    If you are just joining us you may not be aware of the bi-monthly challenge that we run to motivate ourselves, which you are welcome to join. It isn't a competition, just a way of setting ourselves mini targets if your total loss seems a bit overwhelming.

The new challenge will run from week commencing the 27th February and finish on the 30th April - this gives us 9 weeks.

If you wish to join in with us then please post your target loss for the 9 weeks in red* or bold or massive or all of the above so that I can see it really easily!

I will post the results chart each week on a Monday evening showing the prior weeks losses and singling out the person who has lost the most so we can make a great big fuss over them :T

Any questions please let me know - it doesn't matter which day you get weighed just let me know your loss on that day and i'll add it to the correct week (maybe, if I don't get confused!)

Thanking you...wave_smiley39.gif

p.s. please keep posting your weight losses for this challenge, i'm still picking them up :D

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Thank you for setting up the new thread Shala
    Zebras rock
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Woohoo, 2nd to the party. Thanks shala_moo, heres to us being a bunch of losers! All the best everyone.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread Shala :)
    Still in a bad mood from yesterday as OH continues to attempt to see just how far he can push me so I'm still off plan.
    Going back on plan tomorrow when OH goes back to work (thank heavens!)
    I can't get to Group again tomorrow as I've got stuff happening but I will go later in the week.
    I'm cooking something out the magazine for dinner tonight- some kind of sausage and roasted veg thing but heaven only knows how it's going to turn out!
    Love to you all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Forumite
    Happy New Thread, gang!

Friday – went over the score celebrating friend’s birthday. It was my treat and in my defence, she doesn’t get out unless I take her, so I chose the venue and let her decide what she wanted from the menu and I went along with the three courses because I would have felt uncomfortable to leave her eating on her own.

Hello, ruthy and Lizzie.

Love the name for the new challenge, shala.

Hello again, meg.

beanie, Barbara Dickson fans here, but really more from her folk days. DH used to be involved in running local folk club then.

Tete and maman, in Budapest avoid the ‘gypsy steaks’ – they are disgusting. Budapest and Prague are both beautiful – enjoy.

Another March birthday here – and another Aries, TIE!
    Those are the things I loved in school. I went as the cat in the hat one year and had to meet with parents and psychologists so dressed (it was unplanned)!

I have the same problem as you lois, and I think greentiger does too.
    Spot on, maman.

Glad you’ve chosen to come back, gts.

Oh, Mrs_R. you have had a lousy time. Sending hugs.

Hope you sail through tomorrow, kathrynha.

Well done, Tete, whiplashy, tweets and wiz.

Good mantra, TG.

Cazza, you have an ex Bairn in your owl ranks – coach Lee Bullen (and he was at beanie’s local team too).

Saturday and Sunday haven’t been great SW wise – won’t bore you with the details – just need to turn the corner tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Oh, match just finished - well done, tweets and commiserations to you maman. Hope you enjoyed your day out despite the result.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Hi I'll join in again please.
    (Even tho I still can't manage to post in red!)
    I'm aiming for 8 lbs to take me to target please .
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    greentiger wrote: »
    Happy New Thread, gang!

Friday – went over the score celebrating friend’s birthday. It was my treat and in my defence, she doesn’t get out unless I take her, so I chose the venue and let her decide what she wanted from the menu and I went along with the three courses because I would have felt uncomfortable to leave her eating on her own.

Hello, ruthy and Lizzie.

Love the name for the new challenge, shala.

Hello again, meg.

beanie, Barbara Dickson fans here, but really more from her folk days. DH used to be involved in running local folk club then.

Tete and maman, in Budapest avoid the ‘gypsy steaks’ – they are disgusting. Budapest and Prague are both beautiful – enjoy.

Another March birthday here – and another Aries, TIE!
    Those are the things I loved in school. I went as the cat in the hat one year and had to meet with parents and psychologists so dressed (it was unplanned)!

I have the same problem as you lois, and I think greentiger does too.
    Spot on, maman.

Glad you’ve chosen to come back, gts.

Oh, Mrs_R. you have had a lousy time. Sending hugs.

Hope you sail through tomorrow, kathrynha.

Well done, Tete, whiplashy, tweets and wiz.

Good mantra, TG.

Cazza, you have an ex Bairn in your owl ranks – coach Lee Bullen (and he was at beanie’s local team too).

Saturday and Sunday haven’t been great SW wise – won’t bore you with the details – just need to turn the corner tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Oh, match just finished - well done, tweets and commiserations to you maman. Hope you enjoyed your day out despite the result.

Felt sorry for MAMAN greentiger because Gabbiadini's first disallowed goal should have stood and that's from opposing team supporter. Wonder if she hoarse after that thriller.

Thank you for the new thread shala

Think storm Ewan is here its awful out :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family