Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    In As yesterday with my mum and i casually said to her do you want to look in george? Half an hour and £16 later I had 9 items of clothing :j everything was £2 each and one item I discovered didn't have a label so she must have just thrown them in. Total original price a was £103 :j
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning all :D We had overnight rain to water the garden, now we have sunshine with a few clouds :D
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    It's funny how different things remind us of different Elite, I have just been eating stinky OOD cheese (camembert) and thought of E. :D

Not quite sure how to take that one :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    :hello:

DD3 passed her theory test today. :T

Well done that girl :T:T
    Good morning all

funny-bar-signs.jpg

We have a pub near us with that sign outside too, I smile everytime I see it :rotfl::rotfl:

Happy birthday Emerald emerald.png
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Enterprise_1701C
    I think I'm going soft, I have just ordered another cage for our conures purely so we can put them outside in the sunshine :rotfl::rotfl:

That said, they will be going to a friend's house when we are on holiday and it will be ideal for that too.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Good morning all :D We had overnight rain to water the garden, now we have sunshine with a few clouds :D

Not quite sure how to take that one :eek::rotfl::rotfl:

Well done that girl :T:T

We have a pub near us with that sign outside too, I smile everytime I see it :rotfl::rotfl:

Happy birthday Emerald emerald.png

Morning :)

Well I think of you as our fine cheese connoisseur. :)

Cheese fridge is still well stocked this year after xmas and extra bits I buy RTC from the Ts deli, as we never did do our usual cheese and wine this year. :eek:

Some deli chilli cheese I got about month ago has started to get a white bloom, guess because it's been handled rather than pre packed, you would have thought the chilli would kill anything off. :rotfl: Mr TS did his usual knife scrapping and all was well. Still another couple of pieces to go though. :o
  • Tinyshoes
    Happy Birthday Emerald :bdaycake: Have a lovely day. xx

I've been getting all my freebies for my birthday month coming through too. :D

PE free bottle of Prosecco :T Hope it will work with O2 £5 codes. And got another offer from them for free dough balls today. I may get a hattrick if they all work together. :cool:

Bit disappointed with my sparks one this year, last couple it's been a fiver to spend on anything. This year it's 10% off food and 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware. I have been sent the vouchers and loaded them to my card so not sure if I will get 2 goes. Maybe if I use them in certain order I might?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Morning :)

Well I think of you as our fine cheese connoisseur. :)

Cheese fridge is still well stocked this year after xmas and extra bits I buy RTC from the Ts deli, as we never did do our usual cheese and wine this year. :eek:

Some deli chilli cheese I got about month ago has started to get a white bloom, guess because it's been handled rather than pre packed, you would have thought the chilli would kill anything off. :rotfl: Mr TS did his usual knife scrapping and all was well. Still another couple of pieces to go though. :o

That's funny, I have always thought of you as the cheese
    connoisseur on here!

Have to admit we are slacking, we only have 5 different cheeses in the cheese box at the moment :eek:

We do spend a bit of time slicing off bloom or mould, can never understand why people throw away mouldy cheese. Nearly lynched DD one time when we went on holiday and she decided to get rid of some out of date cheese from the fridge, I had been storing some nice brie that was just getting ripe, it was 3 months out of date and she chucked it out :( We never eat brie in date :rotfl::rotfl:

One thing we have sitting there and have not tried yet though, a truckle of wensleydale with chocolate and orange, should be interesting.
  • nettiebobs
    nettiebobs Posts: 344 Forumite
    Ggrrrrr, COS really makes me mad. Clipper tea, which I drink loads of, was free and last night and had 1 day left. This morning......gone! :(
    Yet other stuff seems to have a countdown with hours left showing. Can anybody explain why this is? Thanks.
  • Tinyshoes
    That's funny, I have always thought of you as the cheese
    connoisseur on here!

Have to admit we are slacking, we only have 5 different cheeses in the cheese box at the moment :eek:

We do spend a bit of time slicing off bloom or mould, can never understand why people throw away mouldy cheese. Nearly lynched DD one time when we went on holiday and she decided to get rid of some out of date cheese from the fridge, I had been storing some nice brie that was just getting ripe, it was 3 months out of date and she chucked it out :( We never eat brie in date :rotfl::rotfl:

One thing we have sitting there and have not tried yet though, a truckle of wensleydale with chocolate and orange, should be interesting.

I did say "fine" cheese connoisseur ;)

I've got 3 wax truckles of whisky cheese in a little wooden box from xmas that are only in the larder. I keep saying to Mr TS don't you think we should put them in the fridge now but he thinks they will be fine. I hope so, I won't be eating them anyway, don't like whisky. :rotfl: To be honest the larder was as cold as a fridge through the winter but now it's not so we will see.

I've got prepacked Mexican cheeses from after xmas and they are still fine just the deli ones with the bloom. I had to chuck a huge chunk of Wensleydale with cranberry out :( It got opened at xmas and I didn't wrap it well just left it in the original wrapper folded over, it went green. _pale_ I mean proper green through the cheese I wasn't eating that. :eek:

The deli in my Ts if you hit it right time brings out reductions before the main whoopsie time and they are 90% off usually so have had some lovely bits of brie for 20 odd pence. :D
  • Tinyshoes
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    Ggrrrrr, COS really makes me mad. Clipper tea, which I drink loads of, was free and last night and had 1 day left. This morning......gone! :(
    Yet other stuff seems to have a countdown with hours left showing. Can anybody explain why this is? Thanks.

I noticed that nettie. :(

I couldn't be bothered going yesterday and was going to go this morning but haven't bothered yet with not the offer of both the squash and tea I will go later for whoopsies and hope the squash is still in stock.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    I did say "fine" cheese connoisseur ;)

I've got 3 wax truckles of whisky cheese in a little wooden box from xmas that are only in the larder. I keep saying to Mr TS don't you think we should put them in the fridge now but he thinks they will be fine. I hope so, I won't be eating them anyway, don't like whisky. :rotfl: To be honest the larder was as cold as a fridge through the winter but now it's not so we will see.

I've got prepacked Mexican cheeses from after xmas and they are still fine just the deli ones with the bloom. I had to chuck a huge chunk of Wensleydale with cranberry out :( It got opened at xmas and I didn't wrap it well just left it in the original wrapper folded over, it went green. _pale_ I mean proper green through the cheese I wasn't eating that. :eek:

The deli in my Ts if you hit it right time brings out reductions before the main whoopsie time and they are 90% off usually so have had some lovely bits of brie for 20 odd pence. :D

The wax truckles can be stored anywhere, they will be fine. To be honest most cheese can actually be stored outside of the fridge so long as it does not get too hot, if I need extra room in the fridge the first thing that gets booted is the cheese which goes into the glory hole :o

Right, I'm off out, see if our local shop does the fabric I want, I very much doubt it but have to try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport