PIP how long after returning the forms do you hear anything?

About 10 weeks ago my PIP form was returned, a letter recieved about a week later to say forms have been recieved by Capita from the DWP.

Is it normal to wait over 2 months to hear something more?

Thankyou to each and every person who responds.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    End98 wrote: »
    About 10 weeks ago my PIP form was returned, a letter recieved about a week later to say forms have been recieved by Capita from the DWP.

There's no timescales. Some wait weeks, whilst others wait months. Expect a face 2 face assessment as it's rare not to have one.
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Post
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4741436

This rather long thread might be of interest. For me it was 4 months total from applying to recieving an award - your local area might be totally different.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    K80_Black wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4741436

This rather long thread might be of interest. For me it was 4 months total from applying to recieving an award - your local area might be totally different.
    That thread is very old now and a lot of it dates back to 2013 when PIP first came out. Backlogs are a lot less now in most areas and most of that thread isn't really relevant anymore.
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    End98 wrote: »

I'm sure you are anxious to hear from them, but they will contact you in time. As they have sent you a letter stating that the form has been received, it is just a waiting game.

My PIP form was sent in by mid June last year and within 3-4 weeks I received a letter saying that an appointment had been made for a face to face assessment for 6th August at my home. Only three weeks after my face to face I received a decision letter. My application was dealt with fairly quickly, but I think timescales vary.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    If you're concerned give them a call, early morning likely the least wait.

The waiting time does seem to vary a lot by area and when in the process you're called - I returned my PIP 2 on one of the May bank holiday weeks and had a face to face few weeks later, decision after that took 8 weeks. that was 2016 in the north west.

I found the text updates helpful in letting me know what was going on, and that the process was proceeding as it had to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure