2006 Fiesta Stereo Upgrade?

Options
Hi all

Im shopping around for my first car and someone I know is selling an 06 Fiesta that I'm going to look out later and if it all checks out I will be buying. My only question is regarding whether or not I could upgrade the below? I wouldn't mind if it was CD's but it looks like cassette tapes only. Most cars I've seen its quite obvious you can just pop out the old unit and upgrade it but not sure with this? (Sorry if its a stupid/obvious question)

Thanks!

IMG_2076_zpsf9j9igkb.jpg
Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 8:37AM
    Options
    Its likely there was a cd option when the car was new. Try ebay. There is an Aux/cd button on it so there may be the option to connect a hidden multi disc cd unit which is controlled by this unit or there might possibly already be one.
    You will be able to replace this stereo with an aftermarket one with an additional faceplate.

109825_26_big.jpg
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Thanks will have a look around :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if it was CD's but it looks like cassette tapes only.
    Its likely there was a cd option when the car was new.

109825_26_big.jpg

Sorry, I can't see the first image but I bought my 06 Fiesta 1.25 Style new and it came with the unit that Norman posted (and it's still fitted). I wasn't aware it was an option - I thought tape players were long gone by then.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Yeah I'm not sure why the first image won't show now - I was surprised to see an 06 plate with a tape player! Seems easy enough to sort out though just fingers crossed the rest of the car is all good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure