Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• braveheart60uk
    Options
    Quick post, CoS have now rewarded me for all the OS I had bought, so 50p net each.
    Re Greggs App, in the past it has been tempremental at times, and I think it was when new or existing offers were changing, don't quote me on that :)
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all. Happy St Patrick's Day from the emerald isle.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So I was starting to have a good enough week - one day of glorious sunshine with masses of gardening jobs done, OHs messy corner still immaculate, another big area decluttered and cleared ...
    Plus Eldest childs best mate arriving from the states at the weekend for an overnight stay :j

and then ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    sorry no sharpies in store to test :(
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    and then I had the message I was sort of expecting from Errant child who has run out of money already and wanted a loan :mad:

I have loaned him money previously so when he was back last summer and waiting to start his new job we thought it would be a while before the first pay day. We set up a standing order to pay the loan back in instalments each month.
    So far 6 repayments and this standing order is still in place so at least it will go through this month with no issue.

Yes I am an idiot for loaning him money in the first place as the entire mess is of his own making and yes I hate myself. And yes the other 2 kids wont be told as they don't agree with my methods but I've been skint and in trouble with no one to help when I was in my 20s so I know the misery.

I've sent him my terms and conditions, that the repayments continue and the money is for living costs until he is working again

and yes he only gets in touch when he wants something and it suits him
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good morning. I've seen Iceland bingo advertised on fb does anyone know anything about it? It says you have to deposit £10.
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    How wonderful, hope you are staying for ages.

We did not see DS1 for a few years, it was heartbreaking. Enjoy xxx

I'm staying a month and dh for two weeks. Decided to pay a bit! extra and do the shorter flights, 22hrs as opposed to 37 - 40! They have recently moved into their own house and have a pool so will make great use of that. The school he teaches at owns a lakeside camping ground with chalets etc and we can stay there free for a couple of nights and explore that ares as well.:)
  • josie_ann57
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Fabulous news josie:T:T

It will be worth every penny:T I feel the emotional tug with my two after a few weeks....so I can imagine how excited you must feel. I've just been thinking how quickly the year is going, so Christmas will be here before you know it....you will enjoy the planning and preparation. Wonderful:T:T

Thank you, I've asked him to start making a list of things he wants from here, cinnamon grahams will be one, I'm sure!:)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Sharp change in weather here :eek:
    Still tucked up in bed & Fourp giving a running commentary about the neighbours from window sill..
    He is convinced they are drug dealing crack smokers... :o:o he has a furtive imagination :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• josie_ann57
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I was down at the lottie yesterday and have my first asparagus spear up:T:j We had hundreds last year so hope it's the same this one.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure