Someone keeps keying my car every few weeks!!!

clue87
clue87 Posts: 6 Forumite
Over the past few months my car has been keyed about 3 times outside my own home and when iv parked further down my street (due to no parking outside my own house, so I assumed some !!!!y neighbour doesn't want me parking outside their house) :( Some are deep, some are minor scratches always towards the back of the car (makes me think its the same person). My back window has also been keyed. I am not paying 100s of pounds because of pathetic low life jealous individual. This issue is causing me alot of distress as im concerned if the car gets damaged any further I will certainly have to pay for a paint job, which I really do not want to do. Im actually starting to lose sleep over it and can not help but be looking out the window at 12am.

These scratches are not someone walking past, these scratches look like someone is taking their time to scratch it as the scratches are vertical lines.

Iv not even had the car for a year, my old car was a crappy banger, but I never noticed any new deep cuts on it- which makes me think this may also have something to do with jealousy.

I dont believe Iv peed anyone off in all honesty. I speak to some of my neighbours about 4 households in total. I spoke to one my neighbours already and they have 3 vehicles and they've not been vandalised like mine. Recently Iv tried to be more friendly with all the neighbours I come across.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? What did you do? Did you ever find out who did it?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There was a long thread on here some time back about a guy who had some nutcase woman who was doing it to him, even after months, CCTV etc the police decided not to prosecute and she pretty much got away with it unfortunately. Without proof you're not going to get very far.

I can't recommend it but I would love to hide out and catch the person and key them in return and see how they like it (as in, key THEM, not their car) but that would be illegal and we have to sit behind the system that will protect the criminal (do note I respect the legal system and fully respect the police who are tied by the CPS and probably are as frustrated as anyone else that criminals get pathetic slap on the wrist punishments) - you can't even realistically sue the person if you catch them and expect to get any money from them
  • clue87
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    There was a long thread on here some time back about a guy who had some nutcase woman who was doing it to him, even after months, CCTV etc the police decided not to prosecute and she pretty much got away with it unfortunately. Without proof you're not going to get very far.

I can't recommend it but I would love to hide out and catch the person and key them in return and see how they like it (as in, key THEM, not their car) but that would be illegal and we have to sit behind the system that will protect the criminal (do note I respect the legal system and fully respect the police who are tied by the CPS and probably are as frustrated as anyone else that criminals get pathetic slap on the wrist punishments) - you can't even realistically sue the person if you catch them and expect to get any money from them

Thanks for the quick response.

In all honesty, people who key cars, deserve the worst punishment, but as like yourself I respect the legal system etc so therefore can only hope karma will get them 10x as worse.

I am planning of getting CCTV next week, so I just hope it deters the Pr**k even if I never catch them. I would never key anyones car! its such a cowardly act to do, if someone has a problem with me then just confront me. :doh:

Why was this nutcase woman vandalisng his property?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Loons do this. They don't need a reason. You might say it's "jealousy", but I think most things aren't jealousy, it's because the perpetrators are just loons and low lifes.

You need to be able to record it and upload it to Youtube, then share, share, share the video and show them up for the lowlifes they are.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2017 at 8:12PM
    Usually, like 90% of the time, it's old people that do this (surprising I know).

Has this been happening when parking in one particular spot? or anywhere (including your own house)?

This might start a thread load of abuse, but what is your car? If it's some expensive exec style car, it might be jealousy. If it's some loud boy racer shopping trolley, it'll probably be because they hate the car and hate being woken up by it at stupid o'clock.

The thread mentioned above, the individual involved was a racist old lady with mental issues attacking some guys Range Rover, so don't take that as a true representation of what may happen in your situation.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    get a CCTV camera and recorder, if the car is visible from your property.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• RegWorts
    RegWorts Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    clue87 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response.

In all honesty, people who key cars, deserve the worst punishment, but as like yourself I respect the legal system etc so therefore can only hope karma will get them 10x as worse.

I am planning of getting CCTV next week, so I just hope it deters the Pr**k even if I never catch them. I would never key anyones car! its such a cowardly act to do, if someone has a problem with me then just confront me. :doh:

Why was this nutcase woman vandalisng his property?

The saga is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5324888&highlight=keyed
  • clue87
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Usually, like 90% of the time, it's old people that do this (surprising I know).

Has this been happening when parking in one particular spot? or anywhere (including your own house)?

This might start a thread load of abuse, but what is your car? If it's some expensive exec style car, it might be jealousy. If it's some loud boy racer shopping trolley, it'll probably be because they hate the car and hate being woken up by it at stupid o'clock.

The thread mentioned above, the individual involved was a racist old lady with mental issues attacking some guys Range Rover, so don't take that as a true representation of what may happen in your situation.

Parking on our street is limit due to each household has more than 1 vehicle, so prior to the scratches I used to park anywhere and I had done for the past 3 years with my old car too, I didn't think anything of it until now of course.

Its happened outside my neighbours homes and also outside my own, the worst was when I parked further down the street- I had 6 deep vertical scratches down to the metal, after this incident I never parked anywhere apart from outside my house, im too terrified to. I assumed a neighbour was !!!!ed for me parking infront of their home and decided to only park outside my own and ensured I came home straight from work to get my spot!

Then recently its also happened outside my own house, this time it wasn't deep scratches but light, which I think I could probably get out with T-Cut, but my back window has also been keyed. I have a new Corsa, just a normal corsa nothing loud and I certainly dont use my car at stupid o clock. Im starting to think its personal rather than anything, but I really dont believe Iv peed anyone off at all whatsoever, only an minority of people on our street have new cars, no one has CCTV. I really cant put my finger on it.

Once the CCTV is in place I hope my poor car gets left alone.:(
  • clue87
    RegWorts wrote: »
    The saga is here

[

Reading this has made me very frustrated and annoyed! lol but thank you for finding it for me.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    If yours is the only car being targeted, someone has a grudge against you.
    Install a quality dash cam with parking mode.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • clue87 wrote: »
    Reading this has made me very frustrated and annoyed! lol but thank you for finding it for me.

Indeed, the police seem useless in these situations. I'd have thought a brick through the front window would have been more effective.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure