Ovo mini rant!

Options
tgon
tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
Switched over from Ovo to Eon this month. All going well with Ovo communication to keep my DD alive for my final statement refund. Then today an email saying they've started me on a new plan and have debited 72 quid from my bank! Grrrr.

Rang straight away and they admit the error but it will take a number of weeks to get my refund processed. Grrr

I hate Ovo just now. I hate the admin errors of switching each year. It's not rocket science but in spite of what I read on how easy it should be, it's never been easy. Monday 8am and full of anger. What a way to start a new week! :mad:

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tgon wrote: »
    Switched over from Ovo to Eon this month. All going well with Ovo communication to keep my DD alive for my final statement refund. Then today an email saying they've started me on a new plan and have debited 72 quid from my bank! Grrrr.

Rang straight away and they admit the error but it will take a number of weeks to get my refund processed. Grrr

I hate Ovo just now. I hate the admin errors of switching each year. It's not rocket science but in spite of what I read on how easy it should be, it's never been easy. Monday 8am and full of anger. What a way to start a new week! :mad:

Contact your bank today for an immediate refund under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Suppliers should not be processing refunds due to such errors outside of the Direct Debit Guarantee process, but should be directing their customers concerned to that process... so that sounds like another error they have made too based on your account of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure