Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 29th Dec 18, 7:41 AM
    • 11,926Posts
    • 83,086Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again
    • 29th Dec 18, 7:41 AM
    Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again 29th Dec 18 at 7:41 AM
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies (And Gents - if are are reading along).

Are you ready to start the New Year with a sparkle in your eye and a spring in your footsteps or are you feeling a little jaded, a little worse for wear, a tad sad and neglected.

Do you feel invisible. Does the face that stares back at you from the mirror seem like a stranger to you.

Just who is that tired old lady looking back out at you.

In short, have you become a Frump!!!

Well fret ye not, salvation is at hand.

Join our merry gang and make this the year you transform yourself.

Ditch the Frump and become the Fabulous Woman you know you can be.

And have some fun along the way.

The Story So Far.......

I have been looking back and I was astonished to discover that the First Frump to Fab thread began in 2011. Wow.

Tempus Fugit and all that.

Am I fabulous yet. Almost.

How did it all begin.

Well one day my son took a photo of me in an unguarded moment. I took one look and burst into tears. Who was that old hag, that strange woman who looked like a bag lady. That couldn't be me. So I ran upstairs and took a good hard look in a full length mirror.

Yes, dear reader, it was me.

I stopped snivelling and faced the truth. I was a mess. I resolved then and there to do something about it. I didn't know what that something was because at the time I was caring for my terminally ill husband and staring bankruptcy in the face.

I was exhausted, I looked terrible and if I'm honest, I felt desperate. I didn't know what I was going to do, or where to begin so I started the first Frump to Fab thread as a diary to spur me on and keep me motivated.

And the rest is history.

My life is truly unrecognisable from that day. And I am not the same woman.

I look better, feel better, my finances are better. I AM better.

Not quite Goddess standard yet but getting there and working towards being fabulous and having a fabulous life.

So......if you want to "Change Your Stars" then join our merry gang.

Let's make 2019 the best one yet.

And......more Importantly, let's have some fun along the way.

One Golden Rule Please.

Be kind to one another.

Please do not be harsh or judgemental to others. None of us is perfect. It doesn't matter how we became Frumps what matters is how we are going to reclaim our looks, our energy, our joire de vie.

The past is the past and why we became Frumps is no longer relevant. It doesn't matter how we got here, what matters is how we move forward.

We are all here because we want to make things better. We want to look attractive, some of us might want to improve our health and fitness. All of us on here aspire to being the best we can be. So let's support each other.

For the Newbies, the Lurkers and as a refresher course for our regular members ......

I have posted the new thread earlier this year to give us some time to reflect and decide exactly what we want to achieve next year. Time to set goals, time for some strategic planning.

Over the next few days, in true MSE fashion, myself and our regulars will be talking about some simple easy and FREE steps you can make as you prepare to start as your journey to Fabdom.

So Welcome Everyone.

Let's get this show on the road.....

Let's Rock!!!!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 03-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Page 94
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 6th Jul 19, 11:04 PM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 83,086 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    You too, Moll. Hope you have had a great day. And well done on losing a stone. Not easy when you have health issues.

I have had a lovely day, been treated like a princess and there's still more celebrations to come over the next few days. My youngest son couldn't join us today so he and his girlfriend are taking me out for a slap up lunch on Monday. Then on Tuesday it's my grandsons first birthday so lots of fun still to come.

Maman......lovely to see you back. Glad you had a nice time, hope you've brought us lots of sunshine home .......

Love the comment about "mutton dressed as lamb". I agree. I think its Probably a worse crime against femininity than being a frump.

I think trying to dress "sexy" or to look younger is an absolute turn off and is always doomed to failure. It seems to backfire, attracting the wrong kind of attention and often making the woman look even older, not younger.

I think understated elegance is far more classy and timeless in its appeal.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 06-07-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 7th Jul 19, 10:40 AM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 83,086 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    A Year of Two Halves....
    Right so this year I spent the first half saying "No". no to aggravation, No to stress, no to people who drain me, no to negativity, no to bad food choices, no to sadness and grief and saying goodbye to the widow. You get the idea.

Now....as part of my "Birthday Resolution" I shall spend the next 6 months saying a big "YES". Yes to joy, fun and pleasure, yes to new experiences and broadening my horizons, yes to being open to new chances and opportunities.

So I shall accept any invitation or offer that comes my way that looks half way like being any kind of fun. I shall step out of my comfort zone and channel my inner adventuress.

Time to shake the tree and see what falls to the ground.

I have to say joining Meet Up has been a great spur and motivation. I am getting out and about, meeting new people, making new friends. To anyone stuck in a rut, or finding themselves either newly single or in a new town because of a job move I would say go for it, give it a whirl.

I have now joined two separate groups and am looking at a third.

I am attending a function today through one of the groups. A bite to eat whilst listening to live music in one of our cities trendiest pubs. Get me.

Looks like some of my new trees are dying......don't know what's wrong. I might be able to rescue them by transferring them to pots with fresh soil, loads of compost and plenty of TLC. Worth a try. A bit of a blow but I think gardening can be a bit of a game of chance. Not everything you plant will thrive. One of nature's life lessons, which applies to humans just as much as plants.

Plants need TLC and so do we. We all need nurturing.

Always remember fabbing isn't just about how we look, it's also about how we feel. And to all those who think fabbing is mere vanity I would say there is a world of distinction between self obsession and self care.

Going back to what Maman says about mutton......I think women who fall into that trap are the ones who are both self obsessed and insecure. Rather sad souls really.

Of course we all want to look and feel as good as we can. We all want to be the best we can be, that's why we are here. But......you can only go so far in holding back the years and none of us can really "Turn Back Time". Not even Cher.

If I could I would.....I would give 10 years of my own life if I could have another 10 years with my husband but it isn't going to happen.

So it's goodbye widow and hello solo.

Time to start saying "YES"!!!!!!

I'm 68 now and I intend to embrace the passing years with gusto, aging with grace, charm, wit, elegance and dignity. I have no intention of trying to be 30 again.

70 is the new 50.
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 7th Jul 19, 11:14 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 21,307 Thanks
    FrankieM
    Happy Birthday weekend LL

I spent last weekend (or should I say 'long' weekend looking after 3 of my grandsons while my DD2 and her partner had some time away.

It was lovely, but I'd forgotten how hard and tiring it was...so much crying and poo..

I've spent this week trying to catch up on sleep as much as anything!

Your post has really resonated with me LL because far from adding something to my life every month, I've let things slip and find my only real 'social' life is work and family and that has got to change!

While I've been a member of a few meetup groups for quite a long time, I've to barely any events and that has to change.

My life is not going to change unless I change it and it's time I got myself out there because as wonderful as my own space and time on my own is, it's also important to get out and meet people so, if I may, I'm going to join you LL in saying yes to more and joining in more and generally 'adding' more to my life
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 7th Jul 19, 11:18 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 21,307 Thanks
    FrankieM
    On the fabbing front, I'm catching up on housework and I need to get some gardening done (I wish I enjoyed it more ).

I've coloured my greys and I'll be doing nails and hair removal later on this evening.

My meal plan is also sorted (that also went a bit off piste) and I'm going to start planning my daily outfits for work the evening before.

I need to start using my evenings a bit more productively, it's become far too easy to just slump in front of the tv until a ridiculously early bed time.
    • melodyladygunslinger
    • By melodyladygunslinger 7th Jul 19, 11:34 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    melodyladygunslinger
    I'm hoping this thread will help me☺
    Hello everyone

I have come across this thread and I'm hoping it can help me feel better about myself☺ That maybe writing down how I am doing/feeling will help me see what is wrong with me and move forward in a more positive way.

On Christmas Eve last year, I was 21st , in alot of pain and hated myself. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for many many years and it was just getting me down and I hated being that way. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a job and my own home so I should be really happy and I am with all of that. But I hate what I see in the mirror and for getting to the ugly me I am now. So I decided to try and change.

As of today, I have lost 1st 4lbs so I'm going in the right direction Its nice to have lost some weight but it's not enough so I still feel very low as I was hoping to have lost alot more than that by now

I apologise for the self loathing post but hopefully I can improve and get into a better frame of mind with the help of writing my thoughts down and the positiviness of this thread

I look forward to speaking to everyone on here and having a happier, positive 2019😀
    Sealed Pot Challenge #126
    Weight Loss Goal To Lose: 112LB
    Weight Loss So Far: 18.5LB
    Weight Still To Go: 93.5LB
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 7th Jul 19, 11:59 AM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 12,408 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Happy Belated Birthday Moll

Congratulations on losing a stone in weight
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 7th Jul 19, 12:05 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 12,408 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Melody welcome to the thread.

I am sure that you will soon find that this thread will help to motivate you and inspire you

I am sure that you feel overwhelmed with your weight loss journey and how much weight you ultimately want to lose, but the most positive thing is that not only do you want to make a change in this area of your life, you have begun to make a change.

Congratulations on losing over a stone.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 7th Jul 19, 12:24 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 23,631 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    On Christmas Eve last year, I was 21st , in alot of pain and hated myself. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for many many years and it was just getting me down and I hated being that way. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a job and my own home so I should be really happy and I am with all of that. But I hate what I see in the mirror and for getting to the ugly me I am now. So I decided to try and change.

As of today, I have lost 1st 4lbs so I'm going in the right direction Its nice to have lost some weight but it's not enough so I still feel very low as I was hoping to have lost alot more than that by now
    Originally posted by melodyladygunslinger
    That is a fantastic start!
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 7th Jul 19, 12:59 PM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 83,086 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Well done Melody.....that is a brilliant start.

Welcome to the thread. Let's turn that self loathing into self care and ultimately self love. You can do it, and we will be with you every step of the way, cheering you on and giving you a pep talk when you need one.

I have just been tackling some of the easy weeds, just part of my one hour a day rule.

What is this.... i hear you ask.

Well it's my rule for anything I don't particularly want to do, anything that is difficult or boring, I figure I can stand it for one hour and if I stick with it consistently then eventually that l hr a day will add up to several hours, in fact as many hours as it takes to get the job done.

It's the old "Can you eat an elephant thing" Yes, of course you can, just one portion a day. Maybe even have a day off now and again but ultimately you will eat that elephant.

You can apply the same principles to your weight loss. Instead of feeling despair at far you have to go, celebrate how far you have come already. Then just break it down, one stone at a time.

In the meantime, don't wait to "glam up" - you can start now. Fix your hair, wear some slap, wear nice clothes in your favourite colours. If you can afford it treat yourself to some nice accessories to brighten up your outfit. Bags, scarves, costume Jewellery etc.

Don't put your life on hold whilst you lose weight, try to enjoy the journey. Travel the scenic route and make it fun.

Frankie......yes definitely start adding "MORE".

More fun, more joy, more pleasure. Get on the Meet Up website and sign up for some fun and frolics.

The world won't come knocking on our door......we have to meet it half way and give it a chance to find us. We have to get out there and grab life before we get too old and decrepit. Lol.

Need to rescue rescue my nails now after that gardening. If I had any sense I'd wear gloves......

Then a cuppa and a little rest and then get dolled up ready to sashay out and have some fun.
    • maman
    • By maman 7th Jul 19, 1:32 PM
    • 20,451 Posts
    • 121,787 Thanks
    maman
    Welcome melody.

Don't be disheartened. You've made a start, that's what counts. I've come a long way since joining this thread and I have to say that weightloss was the biggest positive change for me. How are you going about it? sugarbaby has done really well with healthier eating and regular exercise while LL and I have had success with the structure of a commercial plan.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday and that the celebrations continue LL. Birthdays (like a holiday, Christmas or New Year etc) are good opportunities for reflection.

I think the worst 'mutton' example I saw on holiday was an older, overweight woman wearing bikini bottoms that were no more than a thong. That's a look that's difficult for even a skinny young girl to take but she looked positively disgusting.

My nails grew massively while I was away. The shellac didn't chip at all but the regrowth was looking bad. The nail bar was really busy on Friday so I just had polish removed (they have a guy who just does this) and I'll go back next week to have it done again. Meanwhile I'll keep rubbing oil in to my nails and cuticles as it does them good.

The sun has really bleached my hair too so free highlights! My fringe needs cutting but otherwise the shape is good. Tomorrow I plan to use a deep conditioner as daily washing, swimming and the sun have left my hair fairly dry.

I read about 6 books while I was away and am now heartily sick of chick lit. I amused myself by ticking off how many elements of the formula I could spot. I did read one Joanna Trollope which is slightly better written . I have a couple of CS paperbacks left to catch up on and then I need to look for some new authors. I'd like to join a book group but the only one I know of is held at a bad time for me which clashes with dancing.

Just pottering today and I haven't washed my hair as it needs a rest.
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 7th Jul 19, 7:19 PM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 21,307 Thanks
    FrankieM
    Hi melody

Happy Birthday moll

Finishing up for today, about to jump in the shower and then it's nails and moisturising, my skin feels very dry.

Food prepped for tomorrow and I'll get my clothes out for tomorrow before I go to bed.

Following from LL;s example, I've booked in a couple of meetup events for the week
    • Moll
    • By Moll 7th Jul 19, 11:20 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 3,428 Thanks
    Moll
    Happy Birthday moll

Its not my birthday . Just LL but thankyou anyway xxx
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 8th Jul 19, 4:59 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 21,307 Thanks
    FrankieM
    You could be like the Queen and have 2 birthdays
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 8th Jul 19, 6:41 AM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 83,086 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Happy Birthday moll

Its not my birthday . Just LL but thankyou anyway xxx
    Originally posted by Moll
    Oops I thought we were the same day.

Good morning lovely ladies......

Well I'm off out to lunch today with my younger son because he couldn't make it on Saturday. So lucky me, I get two birthdays....(like the Queen).

Maman. I know what you mean about chick lit being formulaic. Without wishing to appear "up myself" I often find It difficult to find fiction that holds my attention. I think that's why I tend to prefer biographies. A shame because I do like a good read. Any suggestions for good authors.

A friend, My ex neighbour, is an avid reader and often passes books on to me. The recent batch contained Maeve Binchy and Anita Shreeve. I enjoyed Binchy but couldn't get on with Shreeve.

I have a friend who is a retired journalist (she worked on one of the big dailies and often regales us with tales of Fleet Street).

Anyway she wrote a few Mills and Boon books. Although she actually has a very distinctive name, ideal one would have thought for an author, they made her choose a Nom de plume from a list of recommended names. They also have a very strict formula for the structure of the story. She's very smart and soon got bored writing for them so stopped after about 4 books I think.

I too have started taking better care of my nails, my cuticles were getting very dry and prone to splitting over the winter so I started creaming them most nights. It took a few weeks of TLC but they are much better now.

Frankie......Well done on signing up for some Meet Ups ....what have you signed up for. I think the beauty is you can just pick and choose which activities you think will interest you.

Yesterday's went well. It was a live band at a city centre pub, just three middle aged guys playing an acoustic set, not too overpowering so people could still chat whilst listening. They were impressive and played a wide range of songs. It started at 4pm and because it was such a lovely day the stage and seating were outside in the beer garden. They did a good range of bar food so I decided to eat there... it was lovely sitting out, listening to music and having meal.

I didn't particularly "click" with any of the group but they were pleasant enough company. One lady and I got on well (she was the organiser) but she was monopolised a bit by some guy who could bore for England. She kept grinning and rolling her eyes at me. Every time she and I got chatting the bloke kept butting in and monopolising the conversation. I can't stand men who feel they have to hold court and dominate the table. I noticed he wasn't asking her any questions it was all about him.

A guy sat next to me who frankly got on my nerves. He was pleasant enough to start with but got narky when I declined to dance with him. No one else was dancing, it wasn't that kind of occasion iyswim. It was more of a gentle just in the background kind of music. He then proceeded to get down to some serious drinking......and the more he drank the more obnoxious he became. (Wonder why he was divorced.......). I didn't let him spoil my evening though, I had a nice time.

My next one is a curry night on Thursday at Whetherspoons. I have met a few of the attendees already on previous meet ups so I won't be going in blind for that one.

I have now been on 4 meet ups and have met some very nice people, and have got on well with several women who have kept in touch and said they would like to meet up separately.

Anyway I'm pleased I eventually got round to getting organised and made the effort to join up. it was a but daunting at first but I was made to feel very welcome from the start. I am sure you will be fine. I won't be going to everything that's on offer, just the activities that take my fancy. I am sure you will have a good time and whilst you probably won't click with everyone you will meet some nice people.

Do let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 08-07-2019 at 6:51 AM.
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 8th Jul 19, 7:17 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 21,307 Thanks
    FrankieM
    I'm off to brunch on Sunday and a club night on Wednesday night at a pub in town.

That one is for a group that puts their events on meet up but you join separately, anyway, I'll see what it's like.

The group on Sunday is one I've gone to before but a ling time ago so I'm assuming it'll be different faces.

I'm also a member of a walking group but the walks so far seem to be level 2 or 3 and I'm a little worried I won't keep up!

My plan is to go to at least one event a week and as I'm a member of a few different groups, I should be able to find something each week I like the look of.

I hope I find it all as positive and successful as you have!
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 8th Jul 19, 9:31 AM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 83,086 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    They sound nice.

I have joined two, and I think I'll try a third. Like you I reckon once or twice a week will be enough and between the three I should find something of interest.

I'm a bit of a home bird if I am honest and it takes a bit of shoehorning to get me out of my little nest, especially in the winter. but certainly whilst the weather is warm over the summer and autumn I will make an effort.

This week I'm busy every day but it's just because it's both mine and my grandsons birthday. I shall have been out every day for over a week but that is very rare for me. I'll be shattered by the end of the week.

I am deliberately keeping Friday and Saturday free if I can because there's a big family party on Sunday. I will need a break by then. I have been invited out to a 60th on Saturday but it's a bit of a drive so I really think I will have to pass on that one. I feel a bit guilty but I know my limits.

Anyway.....apart from that ......

Well done for making a move. With these meetings my view is I give it an hour or so and if I hate it then I can just leave and come home. So far I haven't had to do that. I've enjoyed them all.

So yes, let's just keep saying YES" and see how we go.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 08-07-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Jul 19, 10:27 AM
    • 20,451 Posts
    • 121,787 Thanks
    maman
    Glad to hear you've been enjoying the Meet Up sessions LL. They sound social and fun without the pressure of dating. Hope you enjoy yours too Frankie. All more reasons to make an effort and get fabbed up.

Maman. I know what you mean about chick lit being formulaic. Without wishing to appear "up myself" I often find It difficult to find fiction that holds my attention. I think that's why I tend to prefer biographies. A shame because I do like a good read. Any suggestions for good authors.

A friend, My ex neighbour, is an avid reader and often passes books on to me. The recent batch contained Maeve Binchy and Anita Shreeve. I enjoyed Binchy but couldn't get on with Shreeve.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    If you enjoyed the Irish setting of Maeve Binchy then you should enjoy Patricia Scanlan, Cathy Kelly and Sheila O'Flanagan. They're written mostly against the backdrop of the Celtic Tiger boom in Dublin.

I've also enjoyed Victoria Hislop's novels. She's written 4 (I think) all set around a historical event but written as a novel. The first was The Island about the Spinalonga leper colony off Crete. Her most recent one is a collection of short stories but I don't get on with those.

Although I've been using my local library (use it or lose it unfortunately), I bought all my holiday reading at the CS so that I could leave them behind at the hotel.

I too have started taking better care of my nails, my cuticles were getting very dry and prone to splitting over the winter so I started creaming them most nights. It took a few weeks of TLC but they are much better now.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    When I read that I jumped up and went to the bathroom to slather my hands in cream. It's like when you use the P word!

It's still glorious here, bright and sunny without being too hot. That's just as well as I have a bit of an ironing mountain to tackle. I must make a start.

I've had a good pamper this morning. I did the deep conditioner treatment on my hair and slathered myself with body lotion. I'm out later at a meeting so I'll get myself fabbed up. It's so easy to chose an outfit when the weather's warm. I might go for a loose summer dress as I'm still feeling quite bloated from holiday excesses.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 8th Jul 19, 12:26 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 23,631 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I got my ear candling done and had a mooch around the charity shops. I got a few basic items but not a new outfit for Friday night.

I looked in Dorothy Perkins as there was a sale and I saw one long black patterned dress that I quite liked but it was over 20 and I didn't think it was worth it. A lot of the stuff on sale was very brightly patterned clothes and that really isn't my thing.

I then looked on the New Look website when I got in as they have a sale and I did buy a few things. I got two black mini dresses, a black mini skirt and a new watch.

I also bought a navy abstract print mini dress to wear on Friday. I know I said that I have to stop wearing blue so much, but I do like it.

That was all for 60 including next day delivery.

I finally went to get my finger measured today as well and it is only one size too small so I am hoping that once I lose this last half stone that it will fit.

I lost one more pound last week so I am on my way hopefully.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • melodyladygunslinger
    • By melodyladygunslinger 8th Jul 19, 6:08 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    melodyladygunslinger
    Hi again. Thankyou everyone for all the lovely welcome posts

lessonlearned I have never really liked dressing up even before I got to this stage as I've always been self conscious. I do like to find clothes I am comfortable in though, mainly pajamas I have found a lovely dress I like that I am hoping to save up for. I plan to get it 2 sizes smaller than I am now so I can use that as an incentive/target instead of just looking at the numbers. I just hope I works

maman At the moment I am really up and down on how I'm tackling my weight. My doctor has told me I am borderline bulimic as alot of the time at the moment I am afraid to eat much in case I gain weight or, when I do eat, I feel sick and anxious. I'm trying to drink alot of milk at the moment so I have something in my system. I'm doing smaller portions of food and I have my own small plate, utensils and bowl to eat with. I go swimming every weekend and try to walk at least for 15 minutes each day. I have a small foot step in my room that I haven't used in awhile so I think I will get that back out and start doing my sets again.

I am trying to get my mind in the right place first so hopefully when ive done that, or got started with that, the weight will follow☺

Bit of a bad day today. My back had been playing up really bad so haven't been able to do much. On the plus side, my daughter and husband have been cheering me up and we have had a movie day😀
    Sealed Pot Challenge #126
    Weight Loss Goal To Lose: 112LB
    Weight Loss So Far: 18.5LB
    Weight Still To Go: 93.5LB
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 8th Jul 19, 8:22 PM
    • 4,259 Posts
    • 67,736 Thanks
    silvasava
    A welcome from me too Melody. Thank you for sharing how you feel with us. This is a very supportive caring group and most of us have struggled one way or another.
    Your comment about feeling anxious when you eat in case you gain weight is perfectly understandable. If its any help - treat your body like a very expensive sports car. It needs high quality fuel to perform efficiently. I found when I was 'peckish' that a small mushroom omlette was far more filling than a sandwich and just as quick to prepare. Maybe small but slightly more frequent meals would help? Dont beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon - just get back on and treat it as a blip, you're not in a race!
    You will get there in your own time x
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,263Posts Today

9,861Users online

Martin's Twitter