US unboxing and review of Apple's new credit card

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Chino wrote: »
    1. The EU: The IFR
    2. I assume the intent was to restrict increases in retailers' costs in accepting cards which may result in consumers not paying as much as they might if the cap was not in place. Don't forget, the cost of all those cashback and other rewards is ultimately passed onto us.

But im willing to bet my bank account that the retailers havent passed on the "savings" since the change. So we are still paying the same. Just now we aren't getting the cashback. way to go EU.
  • Ciprico
    Ciprico Posts: 545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Being metal could be important, I've lost track of the number of plastic credit cards that have snapped on me at inopportune times...

...but isn't there a danger metal cards will scratch your windscreen ?
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Apple has advised owners of its new credit card to keep it away from leather and denim.
    Keeping the card in a leather wallet or in the pocket of a pair of jeans could cause "permanent discolouration".
    The Apple Card is a relatively plain matt white credit card made of titanium, which was designed to stand out against other credit cards.
    Apple has published a guide advising customers how to "safely store and carry" their Apple Card.
  • 123mat123 wrote: »
    Being metal could be important, I've lost track of the number of plastic credit cards that have snapped on me at inopportune times...

...but isn't there a danger metal cards will scratch your windscreen ?

Not sure if this is a troll post...

I'm assuming you're referring to using the card to scrape ice from your window.
  • The Apple Credit Card is an attempt by Apple to increase utilisation of Applepay in the US. Credit cards in general, are way behind the rest of the world and trying to get merchants to accept chip and PIN, let alone ApplePay, is a challenge.

This is a good way to ensure every Apple user has access to an ApplePay card which vendors will then be pressurised into supporting.
  • !!! wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a troll post...

I think it what they call a ‘joke’.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    If/when Apple decide to release Apple Card over here in the U.K it'll be interesting to see what kind of rates they offer given the cap on Interchange Fees.

I imagine it's similar in feel to my N26 Metal Debit MasterCard.

Post dmp for me maybe 2023 or slightly later.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The UK has S75 protection, this comes at great cost to the UK issued CC providers so we will never get the same rewards as the USA does.

In the USA they have a chargeback system but the CC never pays, its taken back from the vendor.

This is why you no longer see our CC's with good offers anymore. Apple will, when the introduce it to the UK have different terms than the USA.
  • Dandytf wrote: »
    Post dmp for me maybe 2023 or slightly later.

I think you need to concentrate on clearing your existing debts first before even thinking of taking another card out...
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    !!! wrote: »
    I think you need to concentrate on clearing your existing debts first before even thinking of taking another card out...

Ha!
    Self motivation -t.b.h. No way of telling where I'll be financially over next few years.
    Is Apple Card not being launched with multiple months 0% balance transfers.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure