Toulouse to Heathrow Next August

Hi,

I need to fly from Toulouse to Heathrow next year on either the 30th or 31st August. BA are the only airline who does a direct flight and since they released their flights a month or so ago all the flights have exactly the same price (179 euros). This isn't just for these dates but from 22nd August to 6th September. They have 4 flights a day so it seemed odd to me that each flight would have the same price. This is also the case for similar routes such as Lyon to Heathrow.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is? Are these prices likely to come down at some point? Earlier on in August is much cheaper so I assume it's not to do with school holidays.

Thanks

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I would think that this is simply the initial base fare that BA have loaded for the TLS LHR route and prior to any yielding movements.

EasyJet have two flights a day into London Gatwick is that helps. Currently from GBP£84 one way.
  • BearWhite
    BearWhite Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks, I thought it was probably a default fare as well. Seems odd but hopefully it will go down at some point.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Of course it might not get cheaper. BA would probably rather fill that service with passengers transferring to a London long haul service and will give the seats away (or worse) to transferring passengers in order to "steal" those passengers from Air France or Brussels Airlines or whoever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure