Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away

Options

Comments

• dqnet
    dqnet Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick update on this; I called them today and there is absolutely no ETA on when the Amazon vouchers will be back in stock (if for that matter). Letters are being sent out in batches about the cards being cancelled and customers will be given one of two choices, either a card variation (avios) or account closure and you have would have to apply for a new CC. Regardless of the letter you receive you'll have 60+ days to continue to collect and spend points before the cards are discontinued.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If the card is being discontinued then IMO there is zero chance of Amazon or anybody else coming back.
  • dqnet
    dqnet Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    agreed - oh well. Good while it lasted :)
  • juggsy
    juggsy Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is so frustrating, the only reason I have the card(s) is for the Amazon voucher reward. I spoke to them today, apparently Amazon WILL be coming back, allegedly it's a supply issue and there is no timeframe for them coming back.

I find this so hard to believe though, how can Amazon be out of vouchers, unless the Christmas rush was higher than expected! Even so, why they can't use eVouchers (like Top Cashback) I'll never know, so much easier and more secure than sending a load of cards via the post!

They also told be Choice Rewards duo isn't being discontinued imminently, just the Avois duo cards. Again not sure how accurate this is but that's what I was told!
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    juggsy wrote: »
    This is so frustrating, the only reason I have the card(s) is for the Amazon voucher reward. I spoke to them today, apparently Amazon WILL be coming back, allegedly it's a supply issue and there is no timeframe for them coming back.

I find this so hard to believe though, how can Amazon be out of vouchers, unless the Christmas rush was higher than expected! Even so, why they can't use eVouchers (like Top Cashback) I'll never know, so much easier and more secure than sending a load of cards via the post!

They also told be Choice Rewards duo isn't being discontinued imminently, just the Avois duo cards. Again not sure how accurate this is but that's what I was told!

I can't remember if it was here on MSE, or elsewhere, but aren't AmEx slowly discontinuing their third party cards because they're not renewing the licenses?

Think the end date is either this year, or next, because of the Interchange Fee cap coming into effect on AmEx but I did find it strange they sent out a new card late last year (think it was to do with the Ticketmaster bread) as an AmEx, rather than a bog standard MasterCard.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • juggsy
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    I can't remember if it was here on MSE, or elsewhere, but aren't AmEx slowly discontinuing their third party cards because they're not renewing the licenses?

Think the end date is either this year, or next, because of the Interchange Fee cap coming into effect on AmEx but I did find it strange they sent out a new card late last year (think it was to do with the Ticketmaster bread) as an AmEx, rather than a bog standard MasterCard.

When I spoke to them they said only Avios choice rewards cards are being discontinued (due to Avios going away), however I given we went back and forth for ages on what I was referring to I don't hold much hope for accuracy! They really are useless - after several months they should either say they are discontinuing or at least removing the benefit. Instead they're just trying to keep people in a holding pattern, bad practice.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Avios have not gone away, and an Avios Mastercard will continue for those people who currently have the Lloyd's Avios Amex/MC duo pack.
  • juggsy
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Avios have not gone away, and an Avios Mastercard will continue for those people who currently have the Lloyd's Avios Amex/MC duo pack.

Just shows you the level of inconsistency I'm getting from Lloyds, as this is what they told me.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    There definitely seems to be some lack of communication between the left and right hand at Lloyds Bank:

The bank added: "American Express is discontinuing its existing licensing arrangements in the UK. Customers who currently hold an American Express credit card with Lloyds Bank will see their product replaced by a Lloyds Bank MasterCard.

Source: Money Saving Expert, 9th August 2018: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/08/lloyds-to-make-changes-to-its-avios-rewards-credit-card---heres-what-you-need-to-know-if-youre-a-cardholder/
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • juggsy
    Options
    Finally had a helpful response from Lloyd’s. Essentially Amazon withdrew the scheme allowing organisations to offer Amazon vouchers as a reward. Lloyd’s are trying to negotiate a direct agreement to supply voucher rewards from Amazon, although as this is under negotiation there isn’t a timeframe on if and when this will be successful. However they recognised the confusion and ambiguity this is causing customers, particularly as they still show Amazon (and others) as rewards partners, so this will be fed up the chain.

They also confirmed the withdrawal of Amex across Lloyd’s credit cards, and those of us with them will receive letters over the coming months on the plan to move to MasterCard only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure