* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all! :santa2: I've been absent again due to a busy life taking over, i've missed the Christmas chatter but slowly getting on top of things now so will hopefully be back in the fold. Unfortunately I haven't got time to catch up, I hope you are all well. I'm pretty much there with the presents, just need to get on with the wrapping. I've written all of my cards but haven't sent them yet as I had 24 Christmas stamps left over at the beginning of this year so I put them by to use on my Christmas cards this Christmas but can I find them?! No I cannot! :wall: So i'm going to have to buy some more tomorrow. Thankfully it's only stamps so I know when I find the others i'll still be able to use them but it's flippin' annoying! We had Wiggle's fist Christmas play last Friday, it was the Wriggly Nativity and it was so cute! I cried at the end! :p But I absolutely loved it, the school play was one of the things I loved about Christmas when I was younger. Anyway, got lots of things to be getting on with this afternoon so i'll hopefully catch up with you all soon. xx
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Christmas lovers xx

Sorry I have not been on. Trying to sort out Christmas is proving to take twice as long this year. Christmas gift buying is more or less done now and wrapped. I just have some vouchers and money to put in gift envelopes and finish off the cards. Just need to concentrate on the food now.
    Still not operation date through yet but I am secretly hoping it will be new year now. Looking forward to a few Christmas events coming up, making memories with the kids.
    Hope everyone is well xx
  • Boose
    Boose Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Are there any online advent calendars to get freebies that anyone knows of and can kindly share please?
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. Had a busy busy couple of weeks. Things starting to slow down a bit now. It's my works night out tonight. But we are to get snow and ice. Just hope I can still get there.
    Yesterday was the busiest but the best day. I work in a school kitchen, it was our school Christmas lunch. So serving over 350 turkey or steak pie in just 45 mins! It went well. But it took all week to prep. Looking forward to getting the few hours overtime payment in Jan!
    Then last night I took the kids into Glasgow city centre, to the Christmas market in George square. Then to see Peter Pan. It was icy cold. But we were all wrapped up and it made it feel more festive.

I am all set for Christmas. Just need to wrap now. It's hard as the kids are always here. Ideally I'd like a day the were all out for a couple of hours so I could get it all done in a oner.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    C8-A7-D392-9-B67-4-D74-9-D83-813660586929.jpg

Not sure this will work but after all the drama we finally got there
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Looks wonderful girlinayellowdress!

Had a totally lazy day today. Weather has been cold and wet so spent most of the day in my pjs watching Harry Potter whilst other half wrapped his presents for me :rotfl:

Halfway through he shouted me - he had found a present for his daughter I had forgotten about so I now need to wrap that and buy another little something else for his son so they still have the same amount to open (I know I am a bit sad like that as they are both adults now :rotfl: but it will make me feel better about it)

Bags of presents will be dropped off tomorrow for most of other half's family as everyone will be all together so makes it easier. The less I need to do next week the better as will be on overtime at work with long days and last thing I want to be doing is rushing round everywhere.

Hope everyone is ok
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • charlotte1994
    Options
    nic2075 I hope you had a good time in the city centre! I miss Glasgow!

girlinayellowdress lovely tree!! Looks very festive!!

I started wrapping again last night, wow I didn't realise how many presents I had bought! I started buying August to spread the cost, I had hidden presents around the house (some of my OH presents in my baking cupboard :rotfl: ) The cat was "helping" me wrap by attacking the paper at every opportunity! I'm present swapping gifts with family thursday so we can all open our gifts Xmas morning :j I'm excited now! !
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Back to work today for a rest! Had such a busy weekend & managed to get soaked through to my skin on Sat, all I wanted was to get home & in the bath.

Yesterday, the charity sorted out the hampers and my stress level went through the roof. There is always one who turns up late and we were on a roll putting things in the bags, the "basics" which each was getting, tea, coffee, sugar, rice, porridge, pasta, spag, tin of biscuits etc and then each bag was going to be topped up relative to each family. Somehow the latecomer completely disrupted the routine, was insisting each bag had a tin of biscuits but there was one extra. I know there were 12 tins & 12 bags, I flipping well got them but was told I was wrong! In the end I left them to it, needed to be somewhere else at that stage, but was slightly hacked off that one bag was raided to give extra to another, which was not really the whole idea. On the plus side, there had been carol singing the day before in Tesco and the singers suddenly asked if they could have a bucket collection for our charity, so we ended up with over £100 which was unexpected. But the big plus is that I actually have space at home now, there was stuff everywhere :j

Have done as much as I can now, need to pack & be ready to load car on Wednesday night, working Thursday then driving to Holyhead Thursday evening, sail to Dublin on Friday, then finally have time to relax! Had to buy a new duvet, really struggling with the togs! Having to make do with 2 tog as 4 too warm for me - sad isn't it.

Something to look forward to in new year, doing a Nile cruise early Feb, cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good week everyone, don't stress too much, it will be fine!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all. :hello:

Feeling slightly more festive here now as we finally have the tree up. Need to put out my Xmas village tomorrow. And start wrapping presents. Can't believe it's next week - there's been no festive build up here whatsoever it feels like! :eek:

Builders probably not coming until next year now (thank goodness) - if we can work out who to hire and what to have done...

Had my first ever screening today (lucky me turning 25 at the start of the year :rotfl:). Was petrified but it genuinely wasn't the end of the world like I thought it would be. Understand it can be awful for a lot of women though.

Brewing up an idea to drag my family out for a walk round the neighbour's lights sometime before the big day. We need to do something nice and festive. Not sure the weather or our inclination/energy to do it will hold up though. :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a good week.
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nic2075 I hope you had a good time in the city centre! I miss Glasgow!

girlinayellowdress lovely tree!! Looks very festive!!

I started wrapping again last night, wow I didn't realise how many presents I had bought! I started buying August to spread the cost, I had hidden presents around the house (some of my OH presents in my baking cupboard :rotfl: ) The cat was "helping" me wrap by attacking the paper at every opportunity! I'm present swapping gifts with family thursday so we can all open our gifts Xmas morning :j I'm excited now! !

We had a good time thanks. George square looked bueatiful, made us feel all Christmassy. Just too busy for me.

Everyone's trees look great. :T

I can't believe how quickly December has gone! I want another couple of weeks before Christmas so I can do more nice things with the kids. We have loads of movies still to watch and treats to bake. I'll need to cram it all in on Sat and Sunday :rotfl:
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport