PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    somerandom wrote: »
    259. coat to CS
    260&261 - 2 x sunglasses to CS (won't tell you how many pairs I have left :o
    262. Phone to DP

Been busy with work, DS home revising, travelling to see DP and being visited by DP over recent weeks so I've slowed down on the decluttering front. Got a bit of time over this coming weekend and Easter so hoping to make some headway then.

In the meantime:

263. dvd - CS
    264. manual - recycling
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Everyone is doing brilliantly on here.

One pair of jeans -> CS. Bought a few weeks ago, worn once but too big. Usually Justin would need me to keep these for at least 6 months but I have forgiven myself for my buying mistake, now have pnes that fit and somebody will hopefully be delighted with their cheap bargain!

You are probably some of the only people who would understand my happiness about this!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 April 2019 at 9:57AM
    Morning All, beautiful morning here, so want to get outside and declutter the grass, as haven't done much else the past few days, other than gather up "stuff" for the CS to collect.

Feel I haven't done much but going over what I have done, it is quite a lot for me. Got this bug now
    (the decluttering bug :rotfl:) and can't wait to have it all neat, tidy and a place for everything :j.

Going back to work probably before the long Easter weekend, so will slow down quite a bit :(

Next is the Gory Hole (well 1 of them, anyway :rotfl: aka - pantry cupboard that holds all my diy "stuff", this that and the "other"

6 parcels posted yesterday, and nothing for today - so a break for me, to get stuck in :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome @Poppy - so glad to have you join us :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    greenbee wrote: »
    Yes, but I'd rather have an excuse to eat ice cream and custard :p (I start off with lukewarm soup and lots of cold stuff to help with the pain, and slowly work my way to better nutrition - as the graft failed last time, I'm going to stick with liquids for at least a month this time as I don't want to take any unnecessary risks).

So pleased to hear that you've finally got to the point of decorating. If you're anything like me, once it's done, you'll just sit and admire it :)

:rotfl: That made me laugh. I keep turning around to look at the two completed walls. I felt dreadful earlier so stopped painting. I have two walls and some woodwork to complete tomorrow.

I will continue with the decluttering/cleaning after collecting the little fella. I do still feel that the more I do the more I notice.

Yesterday afternoon I was looking for a belt I have lost. I ended up sorting out my wardrobe and then emptying the cupboard in the kitchen. I have three bags of stuff to sort later. It's strange how the unplanned busts of clearing make more difference than planned ones. I've still not found the belt though.:mad:

Have another fab day of decluttering everyone.:T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today's forage in the attic....

1 fiskars shape boss
    1 ultimate card embossing system
    1 Christmas make your collage
    1 pack of 15 gel pens
    2 packs Easter decorations/craft items
    1 pack of green shredded tissue paper
    And
    1 blue adidas samba trainer ...right foot!!!

Today's total 8

Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Savvy - I would just tell him a deadline if he hasn't got it by then put it on ebay as a job lot or something or get someone to come and take it away. Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks starting feel human again, been a miserable week for sure! Oh it's going on Ebay etc as soon as I can sort like for like, so much electricians bits all over, nobody will want it if it's got football trophies mixed in with it etc. He had no sense of organisation at all!!!
    I moved in with a friend in 2017 after a spell touring in a camper van. Sadly he died towards the end of last year and the bullying, snotty executors are harrassing and hounding me to get out. I have found somewhere to live and have been moving my stuff out one car load per day as I don't have the strength to do anymore (post cancer treatment knackeredness).

What I have been asking myself is where this stuff has come from? When I moved in with the stuff from my van it was virtually done in one go. How the devil did I end up with over a dozen car loads of stuff in one year????
    Arrg I know right! Where does it all come from :eek: So sorry about your situation, that's flipping mean to hound you after you've just lost him :(:(

Sooo missed two opportunities for charity bags this week, but have found a shelter that needs bric-a-brac to sell, so need to get some sorted for that.
    I found a few more pointless receipts = 1
    Chucked another giant cardboard box out = 1

143/2019
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    :rotfl: That made me laugh. I keep turning around to look at the two completed walls. I felt dreadful earlier so stopped painting. I have two walls and some woodwork to complete tomorrow.

I will continue with the decluttering/cleaning after collecting the little fella. I do still feel that the more I do the more I notice.

Yesterday afternoon I was looking for a belt I have lost. I ended up sorting out my wardrobe and then emptying the cupboard in the kitchen. I have three bags of stuff to sort later. It's strange how the unplanned busts of clearing make more difference than planned ones. I've still not found the belt though.:mad:

Have another fab day of decluttering everyone.:T

Don't overdo things with the decorating. You're still recovering from treatment, so you need to pace yourself. Clearly alternating painting with decluttering is working for you :)

I'm away for work at the moment, staying in a hotel. I should be on the treadmill running but am trying to clear my work backlog before I go to the dentist next week!
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Today has been a battle, a touch of CBA and feeling like I am the only one trying to do anything which I know is not true. That black dog is a b*tch when she strikes.

571 - Wardrobe door to tip - they sent us a spare on 11 September 2002, I think we are past the not been used in 6 month rule so can safely go

572-574 Garden pots to plastics recycling

575-579 Old Slimming World magazines to recycling

580-585 Friendless or beyond use socks to bin

585/2019

Have a good week all
    Gilly x
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Decluttering: Two YS organic chicken legs from the freezer, a dented can of organic tomatoes from the Tardis, some freezer-burned garlic, a few sticks of the YS celery and sundry other ingredients into my fast/ slow cooker. Rusty can of chickpeas from the Tardis to be added later.

Recluttering: Two packs of stir fry vegetable mix (yellow sticker 31p each) into the refrigerator. Helped me put off a top-up food shop for another day.

Decluttering: Two thirds of the chicken tagine-esque affair into my belly. Tasted as good as it smelled. :D Third ripe pear, freezer-burned beetroot and block creamed coconut from the back of the fridge smoothied and into my belly. One pack of YS stir fry and some YS fish from the freezer into my belly.

Wanna Bee Free: Yes, a psychological win! Or WOO (you told me about that). :j
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport