argos and faulty goods

Options
2»

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try a different Argos store with a different management?
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    You won’t get a replacement - Argos are entitled to repair and your own circumstances don’t come into it. Buy a cheap phone if you can’t be without it, but people managed without mobile phones years ago and I’m sure you’re capable now.

The fact you can’t live without it isn’t Argos’ problem, no matter what the reasoning is.
  • CreditCardJunkie
    Options
    I've also had a nightmare with a faulty pram with argos, returned pram to manufacturer as told to do so by Argos, manufacturer won't respond to Argos to confirm they've received it so Argos won't refund...seems to be the way they're going! Wonder how long they'll last...
    Debt Free as of December 2020 👏

Save 12k in 2024 #35
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    I've also had a nightmare with a faulty pram with argos, returned pram to manufacturer as told to do so by Argos, manufacturer won't respond to Argos to confirm they've received it so Argos won't refund...seems to be the way they're going! Wonder how long they'll last...

Never had a problem with Argos along with millions of other people no doubt. They have a good buisness model, acceptable prices and will be round for a long time to come.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your circumstances. As advised above, maybe a cheap phone might be the best solution in the short term? Maybe from eBay or Facebook Marketplace and then sell on when you're done or alternatively to buy new there's some fairly cheap basic phones?

I hadn't heard of HONOR Mobile Phones until this post by the way, interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure