Car boot sales (Merged discussion)

1343536373840»

Comments

• rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Gem

Did my first carboot at crumlin road two weeks ago and loved it. There are plenty of buyers and sellers and after the initial nerves of setting up had passed, it was great. Don't expect to get much for what you sell. As someone else posted, people don't want to pay your asking price. However I've been twice now and made reasonable money both times. I would suggest getting there just after 7 to get a reasonably central spot. A few tips I've picked up - they pack you in like sardines - if you take up two spaces you may well be charged for two. and it's £6 per car! They let buyers in early if they pay at the gate so there will be quite a few hanging around your boot as soon as you arrive. Don't get carried away and start selling too early. Just say you want to set up first. Genuine buyers will come back to you.

Weather for tomorrow isn't great. Take something to cover your stuff when it rains. And take plenty of plastic bags. Everyone seems to want one no matter how small the purchase!

Enjoy it and come back and tell us how you got on.:j
  • was at crumlin rd car boot sale on sunday,just to check it was worth setting up a table there in the future,it was packed,well worth a go if ur thinking of doing it yourself,ill be there next week.:T

Did my first carboot at crumlin road two weeks ago and loved it. There are plenty of buyers and sellers and after the initial nerves of setting up had passed, it was great. Don't expect to get much for what you sell. As someone else posted, people don't want to pay your asking price. However I've been twice now and made reasonable money both times. I would suggest getting there just after 7 to get a reasonably central spot. A few tips I've picked up - they pack you in like sardines - if you take up two spaces you may well be charged for two. and it's £6 per car! They let buyers in early if they pay at the gate so there will be quite a few hanging around your boot as soon as you arrive. Don't get carried away and start selling too early. Just say you want to set up first. Genuine buyers will come back to you.

Weather for tomorrow isn't great. Take something to cover your stuff when it rains. And take plenty of plastic bags. Everyone seems to want one no matter how small the purchase!

Enjoy it and come back and tell us how you got on.:j[/QUOTE]
  • gloria
    gloria Posts: 45 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi thought i'd resurrect this thread. Anyone been to Crumlin Road this year, whats the best time to arrive?
  • jadedson
    jadedson Posts: 82 Forumite
    I went to the Car Boot at the Star of the sea parish hall in Portstewart today, made £52 on a pile of old clutter but by the time I paid for fuel, a chippie on the way home and 'wages' to my two kids I didn't make a whole lot, but I did enjoy it and the weather was great so it was a fantastic day out. I believe it's on every Sunday.

Items won't sell for very much. The only item today I felt hard to part with was a large puppet which I bought for £40 and sold for £3. That would break your heart, and it was a much loved toy at one time. I would say only bring stuff that you don't care about how much it makes.
  • mofopants
    mofopants Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was at dundrum yesterday and it was dead - although that was probably because it was mothers day and the day after st patricks day.

One thing I did notice was a stall selling a load of fake benefit cosmetics. Is this something you can report? I was able to spot they were fake as I have some of the products they were selling, but I am sure someone out there will buy them thinking they are the real deal.
  • happybird71
    happybird71 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Hi. I was hoping someone may be able to help me please. I am looking for any car boot sales in County Down between 13th to 17th June. I am over visiting my in-laws and they're having a clear out! Thank you :)
  • Crumlin Road Boot Sale....we're planning on taking our car and a very small trailer up, does anyone know how they charge for this? Is it just £6 for car and £6 for trailer, and do you get two spaces, seeing as though you're paying for it?lol

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport