Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Collecting shells sounds like a bit of a nightmare, Wild Wolf is all full crosses but its lots of different shades of grey which I why I seem to be struggling with this one. I'll join you in completing it by June. I always print a copy of the chart to mark then i don't ruin the original, but i also have never stitched a project twice. Yep 2nd group meeting today, i forgot the ladies names :o They forgave me though its great fun, I picked the Easy Breezy Shawl to crochet https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-breezy-shawl-3 One of the ladies is clearing out her craft room and gave me loads of Cross Stitch books, fabric etc :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Hi I would quite like to learn cross stitch. Does anyone have any tips on how a beginner gets started?
  • nmm
    Hi I would quite like to learn cross stitch. Does anyone have any tips on how a beginner gets started?
    Welcome, I would start with a magazine they usually have card kits with them which are great to start with plus lots of charts, tips, etc. What sort of designs would you like to stitch?
  • I like some of the embroidery patterns but this may be aiming a bit high ha
  • nmm
    nothing's impossible, just take your time and follow the instructions, is embroidery where you fill in the marked fabric, sorry i've not done any before.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Thank you for the condolences and also the good wishes for my son. I'm finding things very hard but trying to cope. I've picked up my stitching again and working on a Christmas stocking kit for my granddaughter

Elvis looks amazing, lovely finish.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,861 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    Welcome Smurphington (waves) - good advice from nmm about starting small with a freebie magazine kit. I've only done one embroidery piece in 25 years so I have no proper experience with it, but would say it's definitely more complex than cross stitching. Good luck and come back to the caf! and let us know what you're working on :)
    Mrs MP - it must be very difficult for you - can't imagine how hard. Be kind to yourself and take things slowly. I'm glad you are able to find some time to craft - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.
    I have not had a moment to stitch since Wednesday and I'm missing it!! Fat Club on Thursday, housework last night as was out for most of today. Now awaiting a MrT delivery and have some ironing to do as out tomorrow. DSis is running the London landmarks half marathon so will be cheering her on along the way. Hoping for dry weather!
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
    Morning all, and happy mother's day to those who mother. I personally think it's a complete marketing rip off - told the children (teenagers) not to worry about a gift, but that a cuppa or a card would be nice. DD just presented me with a card and an orchid - bless her - which is beautiful. DS1 stayed at GFs place last night but coming back early (his words) and DS2 still asleep. Losing an hour and being 15 isn't a good combo!! We are off to the ILs later, my Mum away for the weekend with my DSis.
    After not doing any craft since Monday I managed a good solid few hours on Collecting Shells last night. Romping on with the sand and shells at the moment - luckily only a few BABS to do at the very end. Can see the end in sight although end of June still looking like a plan if I'm honest.
    Cancelled the monthly craft group on Thursday as DD had a parents evening regarding university. First time going through this as DS1 didn't go. All a bit clearer now thank goodness. Only 2 other craftees available so didn't seem worth getting tables and chairs out. Will try again in April.
    Hope all are going well. JCS1 how's the feather SAL going? nmm - hope Winter Wolf is going okay. Hi Mrs M-P - hope you're well.
    Have a good day all
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
  • nmm
    Coxy, Collecting shells is looking great you can see where the BABS will make it pop, I think we'll both make our June targets. I've completed over half of Wild Wolf now the smaller face and ears section, shouldn't take long I hope. Our K&N group is still going well no new members yet but its early days, i'll take a photo of the shawl next week. Here's the update on WW and the Mothers Day Card I sent, going to do a crochet flower card for my mums birthday.

46590195355_bf03388b2f_o.jpg

46590195395_eb0a9d3015_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills