Do I do separate claims for each loan if same bank?

Good evening all,
I’d really appreciate some help with some questions.
I’m in a DMP since 2005 got some pretty old debts and have paid back about 60% so want to claim PPI to try and clear it and finally be done with debt.
I have managed to find some paper work and looks like I had loans and dual credit card with NatWest. One loan is from 1997! So do I have to submit a separate claim for each loan with Nat west? Just started to fill in details on resolver and it asks for loan ref. Will I need to fill the form for each loan separately?
Also can’t remember where I was working then can I leave that bank?
I am claiming on the grounds they said I can’t get the loan/credit without PPI
Also I read somewhere I should ask for CCA from the CC companies as these are so old they might not be inforceable and I can get a low settlement figure?

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Firstly stop using Resolver as is very poor system for complaints -go online and the bank will have an online portal you can submit complaints to, you provide what information you can remember.

Don’t bother asking for CCAs as these do not help you complaint in the slightest but will delay your complaint massively.

Finally think of a better complaint reason, yours is the most generic and there will be no evidence to support your assertions... if you had a chain of loans then it is likely you would receive at least a partial refund.
  • What do you mean by claim; what are you claiming here?

If you have fallen behind on your contracted payments it sounds as though you owe them, not the other way round?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you have fallen behind on your contracted payments it sounds as though you owe them, not the other way round?
    To be fair, the OP seems quite aware that a successful PPI complaint will only reduce his outstanding debt and not result in a cash windfall for him personally;
    I’m in a DMP since 2005 got some pretty old debts and have paid back about 60% so want to claim PPI to try and clear it and finally be done with debt.
    Fair enough, but you'll need a far more compelling complaint than alleging that you were told you had to have the insurance...
    I read somewhere I should ask for CCA from the CC companies as these are so old they might not be enforceable and I can get a low settlement figure?
    If you request the Credit Agreement and the Bank cannot provide this document then this will not end your debt, it will just make it impossible for the Bank to chase you through the courts for it. However, if the Bank suspect that this is your reason for requesting it, you could compromise your DMP and cause yourself a mess of trouble.
  • whatwasithinking
    whatwasithinking Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 August 2019 at 7:04PM
    Thanks for all the comments I’ve got the ball rolling now so will update on the ppi responses. So happy I found some paperwork.Regarding the bank concerned they told me on at least 2 separate occasions that I wouldn’t get approved without the ppi. I don’t think I could have claimed on the ppi as my work was agency based contracts and some self employed work.
    I’ll leave the CCA for now sounds messy and my DMP is running ok just want to debt free a bit sooner..
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,498 Forumite
    It's not messy. If they cannot provide a cca the debt is unenforceable which means they cannot take you to court for it and you do not have to pay it.
    Go to the debt free wannabe board and ask for further advice.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    -taff wrote: »
    you do not have to pay it.
    That's not true.

The OP has already entered a DMP and so has acknowledged the debt.

They'll likely supply a CCA if requested anyway, but then it will be too late for a PPI complaint..
  • -taff
    It is true. It can't be statute barred but it can be unenforceable. Two different things.
  • [Deleted User]
    -taff wrote: »
    It is true. It can't be statute barred but it can be unenforceable. Two different things.
    You said he doesn't have to pay, I disagree.
  • -taff
    You're allowed to disagree but it is a fact. Morally, maybe, factually, not.
  • So I put in a complaint about charges on a old store card from 2003/2004. At £18 a pop. £90 debt £126 charges!
    Bank had all the details and are saying it’s out of time as over 6 years ago and over 3 years since I should have known about the charges and complained ?
    Is it game over?
    Is it worth trying the FOS or will they say same thing?
    I only ever made one purchase and they misspelled my surname and so these bills initially got missed in a shared flat building.
    This issue was not corrected for 4 months I am unhappy as there are 7 charges of £18 totally £126!This seems excessive for a £90 debt.
    Another complication is the bank sold the debt to CL financial who took over the debt and added charges too. Even though I made token payments. It’s now in my DMP
    So do I do a separate claim to them for there charges. Or is it all too old and FOS can’t help?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure