Online vs Story Mode

Whats your preference when it comes to gaming?

Personally I've never been able to get into online gaming. I tried starting an online profile for Red Dead 2 online not long ago but got bored within a week. I'll take a good story over online any day.

Only online game I ever really enjoyed was COD Black Ops Zombie mode.

My other half on the other hand plays nothing but online, but he has lots of friends he groups up with and chats to.

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Depends on the game. The likes of Fifa, Battlefront etc. are totally different games when you play online with other people. If a game has a good offline mode, I'll play it, otherwise online is my preference.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Story every time. Online is repetitive and designed for hardcore gamers. So if you arent brilliant you will struggle to get anything out of it. Plus they charge extra for it. In the past i managed to enjoy halo 3 and killzone 2 online. Every other game i tried was tedious thanks to being full of hardcore gamers. Call of duty for example, you just get taken out constantly by snipers camped everywhere. You have to be very good to deal with that.
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Story always, I am not good enough to play against the teenagers online!

Although I do like a good co-op game like Left 4 Dead but would prefer to play alongside friends but they all gave up gaming long ago.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Story for me. I just can't get behind the fascination with of running around a static arena with people screaming down mics and just shooting each other over and over, with no gameplay or story progression.

Playing games with your friends is fun.
  • Julio72
    Julio72 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've just not been able to get into any stories recently and just play mainly online.
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Story for me. I just can't get behind the fascination with of running around a static arena with people screaming down mics and just shooting each other over and over, with no gameplay or story progression.

You are playing the wrong games.

I play a lot of a game called Squad. Lots of friendly chatting to be had, everyone working together as a team to win the game. Great fun.
  • kittennose
    kittennose Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Online exclusively. Just no fun playing again AI when you can play against real people.
  • Story 100%.
  • As most people have said, really depends on the game.

I'd usually go for more Story based/driven games over Online Content any day, although I do play Destiny/Destiny 2 which is kind of both worlds.

I do have some online only games I play with friends like PUBG but thats prety rare.
  • jjhdee
    jjhdee Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Content with story mode. Played online a few times but discovered it wasn't my thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback