Gardening Express selling dead plants

Options

Comments

• owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    Options

DONT buy anything off this company unless you do want dead, water logged and moss ridden plants.

Thats exactly how I want them, they go with my dandelions and brambles, whats their website address?
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    Put a claim in to paypal assuming you within time limits

The obvious response was to have raised an issue immediately via Paypal, which you can still do.
  • mrs-stressed
    mrs-stressed Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All reported.
  • Oceana8
    Oceana8 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I recently won a competition for a gardening express £50 gift voucher. Placed order, received despatch info including Hermes tracking info, ten days later no plants and Hermes status shows as delayed !! Number of tickets raised to gardening express - absolutely no response. Have contacted the magazine which run the competition and they are going to investigate. Whilst it's not the magazine's responsibilty they are interested as clearly would not knowingly want to advertise this company (seriously the feedback is just dreadful and everywhere - even if plants do arrive they are dead) to their readers. So whilst I've not lost out financially as it was a prize it's really disappointing and I did spend a lot of time choosing from the website and ordering what we're going to be gifts for friends. From reading reviews looks like a number of 'customers' have contacted trading standards. I had a look at the last filed company accounts - it only has 6 employees (anyone can view for free on the companies house website).
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whilst some online companies are good, its still a good idea to go to your local nursery, you can see what you are getting. Best of luck getting it sorted.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Not everyone has a local nursery or can easily access it, which is why plants by post are so tempting.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2019 at 1:14PM
    Options
    I have often found "catalogue" companies Grattan and Littlewoods very good for mail order plants as you get free delivery and they all seem to come from the same place. Also if you hurry (run) to LIDL Supermarket just now you are getting a lovely potted ACER plant 55cm tall for only £6.99.
  • mrs-stressed
    Options
    Even though all reported - the silence in response is overwhelming. If anyone is considering buying off Gardening Express then PLEASE DONT. Not only will you get dead plants but you won’t get your money back. Robbing bar stewards.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    My word. I am yelling DRAMA QUEEN.
  • mrs-stressed
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    My word. I am yelling DRAMA QUEEN.

Correct. I have a drama and I’m the Queen - in my house.....which begs the question what are you? Apart from the obvious....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback