Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
MSE Staff
edited 12 February 2020 at 2:06PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
People's Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Hi everyone

People's Energy now has a verified forum account. If you're a customer or thinking of transferring to it and have a question ask it here and it should reply.

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • RomfordNavy
    RomfordNavy Posts: 675
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Further to suggestion on cheapenergyclub, have just switched over both Gass & Elec to The Peoples Energy Company. Will report back later with how it goes.
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have just switched after my Flow deal came to end. I read about them on WeOwnIt.org.uk and in the Guardian.

Watch this space...
  • RomfordNavy
    RomfordNavy Posts: 675
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Further to suggestion on cheapenergyclub, have just switched over both Gass & Elec to The Peoples Energy Company. Will report back later with how it goes.
    Oops lokks like I may have made a mistake switching to TPE.

Have just checked their website and it appears that if you have an Economy 7 meter, like I do, then they charge a much higher daily standing charge. Not only that they have also raised their prices overall since I applied to make the switch.

We haven't yet had any correspondence from The Peoples Energy so I wonder what would happen if I try to change supplier again now?
  • PeoplesEnergy
    PeoplesEnergy Posts: 27 Organisation Representative
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you are having some problems with your new account.

We want to put this right for you and would like to get in contact to ensure you are on the best deal.

Could you send us details of how to get in contact with you and a best time for us to get in touch? You can send this to customerservices@peopleseenergy.co.uk.
    Oops lokks like I may have made a mistake switching to TPE.

Have just checked their website and it appears that if you have an Economy 7 meter, like I do, then they charge a much higher daily standing charge. Not only that they have also raised their prices overall since I applied to make the switch.

We haven't yet had any correspondence from The Peoples Energy so I wonder what would happen if I try to change supplier again now?
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PeoplesEnergy
    Yay. Welcome to the People's Energy family and we hope you've enjoyed being with us so far. If you ever need any help you can contact our Customer Services team at customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk or on 0131 285 5510 :).
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    I have just switched after my Flow deal came to end. I read about them on WeOwnIt.org.uk and in the Guardian.

Watch this space...
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Lucy_Lockett
    Lucy_Lockett Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 September 2018 at 12:42PM
    Am intrigued by this new company, have not heard of them before today but will now look at their website for first impressions and will come back later in this post..........

Home page makes it clear that the co is altruistic - 100% renewable, 75% profits back to the customer, customer representation on the board.
    Found first spelling mistake after 60 secs!
    Took a look at the "people" and found:
    One customer rep with no obvious credentials to represent the customer but like all of them has 'passion'.
    I learn the CEO's dog's name. David also says " I use an inconsistent approach to spelling" so perhaps he was the culprit?
    Karen seems the bees knees.
    Duncan says he "can count quite well" and has a relationship with peanut butter - lucky lady!
    Now on to 'Community'. They "are not fans of throwing money at switching sites to get more customers" - so no enticement for me to join them via MSE. But they do want to support charity and is in partnership with one charity.
    They have a page called the Full Monty and it's a bit of a let down not to see that - had visions of David, Karen and Duncan but no, we are given board minutes. These are very easy to follow and contains reports of electricity wholesale prices, problems with flat rate direct debits, staff numbers, advertising - the usual start up stuff I would imagine.
    Other statistics are shown such as the number of customers.
    There's a blog which I did not read as I do not normally pay much attention to informal diary-style info.
    That is it, the website is easy to read, easy to follow and I should think easy to know if this is your sort of company.

Will I join? There is a salary cap of 10:1 and I wonder how this helps anyone? Is it sound business acumen? If you want a share of the profits as a customer you need damn good people making them. Think I will sleep on it!
  • Am intrigued by this new company, have not heard of them before today but will now look at their website for first impressions and will come back later in this post..........

Home page makes it clear that the co is altruistic - 100% renewable, 75% profits back to the customer, customer representation on the board.
    Found first spelling mistake after 60 secs!
    Took a look at the "people" and found:
    One customer rep with no obvious credentials to represent the customer but like all of them has 'passion'.
    I learn the CEO's dog's name. David also says " I use an inconsistent approach to spelling" so perhaps he was the culprit?
    Karen seems the bees knees.
    Duncan says he "can count quite well" and has a relationship with peanut butter - lucky lady!
    Now on to 'Community'. They "are not fans of throwing money at switching sites to get more customers" - so no enticement for me to join them via MSE. But they do want to support charity and is in partnership with one charity.
    They have a page called the Full Monty and it's a bit of a let down not to see that - had visions of David, Karen and Duncan but no, we are given board minutes. These are very easy to follow and contains reports of electricity wholesale prices, problems with flat rate direct debits, staff numbers, advertising - the usual start up stuff I would imagine.
    Other statistics are shown such as the number of customers.
    There's a blog which I did not read as I do not normally pay much attention to informal diary-style info.
    That is it, the website is easy to read, easy to follow and I should think easy to know if this is your sort of company.

Will I join? There is a salary cap of 10:1 and I wonder how this helps anyone? Is it sound business acumen? If you want a share of the profits as a customer you need damn good people making them. Think I will sleep on it!

My favourite company to switch to at present when Bulb's rates increase, unless things change in the next few weeks that is.

/RANT As for spelling mistakes and grammar errors - it's so easy to auto-check now that, to me, it's unforgivable not to get it right first time. In other words, it's just laziness on the part of the writer.\RANT
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    gjs1701 wrote: »

Watch this space...

So I submitted my first meter read after a month and got a statement a few days later. It all looks ok so far.

Their website is a bit basic, but is looks like it took my meter read ok.
  • PeoplesEnergy
    beardiedog wrote: »
    My favourite company to switch to at present when Bulb's rates increase, unless things change in the next few weeks that is.

/RANT As for spelling mistakes and grammar errors - it's so easy to auto-check now that, to me, it's unforgivable not to get it right first time. In other words, it's just laziness on the part of the writer.\RANT

:beer: Great news and happy to have you with us. We won't be changing anything in the next few weeks, other than aiming to get better for our awesome people so happy days.
    Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback