Medical negligence - or not?

13»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    When my daughter was having so many courses of antibiotic I asked my GP if there was any problem with that and he replied- 'Well they feed antibiotics to calves to make them grow bigger.'

Although previous infections have been have been resistant to a particular antibiotic the last infection I had showed. after testing . to be susceptible to that anti biotic so the type of infection can change.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Surely if she is getting an infection now on a lower dose then the higher one has kept it away.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    OP, why don't you do the obvious and discuss this with her GP? If you are not happy with the explanation then you can make a formal complaint. Every GP practice has info on their website as to how to raise a complaint.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Slightly off topic but hopefully helpful; has your daughter tried 'reverse sitting' on the toilet? It tilts the pelvis slightly and aids emptying of the bladder and urethra.

My daughter had recurrent UTIs for years and this method cured her in a matter of weeks! She is in her late teens now and any time she feels any irritation she goes back to reverse sitting for a few days. Summer holidays are a good time to try it as she can be in the comfort of her own bathroom most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure