IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil enforcement limited fine.help

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You can put the story of what happened as an honest account in the Witness Statement.

If that true story is that you never received any PCN or letters until this court claim and do not believe you can be held liable as registered keeper, then that's BETTER than guessing it might have been a day when the 'car was playing up'.

No.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sydal
    Sydal Posts: 13 Forumite
    thank you. sent dq off to both parties. when i get a reply will post for further updates. coupon mad and all appreciate the help
  • Sydal
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You can put the story of what happened as an honest account in the Witness Statement.

If that true story is that you never received any PCN or letters until this court claim and do not believe you can be held liable as registered keeper, then that's BETTER than guessing it might have been a day when the 'car was playing up'.

No.

i dont think i will mention that i went into the carpark. i dont have to tell them that and can say didnt receive any letters and no keepers liabilty element.??? Can i write that i even went to the carpal and there was no signs whatsoever. because i actually did go back and it only says free parking for hotel customers. no mention of parking otherwise and no fines or car park company names or anything. Would that be weird mentioning that as i wont be saying i parked there???. i can say for extra evidence as in even if i was to park there hypercritically which i didnt etc etc there was no adequate signs etc.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    i dont think i will mention that i went into the carpark.
    Well, you just have on a public forum! You aren't publishing on a closed, 'members only' site, and PPCs monitor and take screen dumps of posts that help their case.
    dont have to tell them that and can say didnt receive any letters
    If that's the truth, ok. But if it's a lie, are you prepared to chance a perjury charge in court if you sign a 'Statement of Truth' on that basis?

There seems to be a clutching at straws in your post. Keep things on the 'straight and narrow', you do not need to sink to the same level as the PPC chasing you.

I for one (and I'm sure all other regulars) won't advise bending any truths.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sydal
    Hey guys, i have to do my witness statement. i dont know where to find templates and what to include. Can i please get some help.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sydal wrote: »
    Hey guys, i have to do my witness statement. i dont know where to find templates and what to include. Can i please get some help.
    Re-read post #3. Particularly this sentence:
    KeithP wrote: »
    Post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread gives good guidance on how to deal with a court claim.
  • Sydal
    I dont know if my witness statement is sufficient. My court date is coming up and I'm getting nervous.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What have you done in the last 2 weeks?
    You havent shown us anything yet
    We cannto possibly help if you dont show us SOMETHING!
    The longer you wait before doing anything, the less time we have to help and the less willing we are to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sydal wrote: »
    I dont know if my witness statement is sufficient. My court date is coming up and I'm getting nervous.

Tell us what the WS said & what evidence you served and filed with it.

Which local court, please? Some are great. Some not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sydal
    Walsall court. The witness statement said how there are many clear visible signs in carpark accordance with terms of signage which constitute an offer by the claimant. How its a contract. The pics they sent of the signs are not there. Literally whatever pics they sent of signs.i send pictures back in my statement saying theres no contract regardlessand the pictures they sent were from 2016.they talk about combined parking solutions vs James Thomas where on balance of probabbilities the reg keeper is the driver. I took as many pics of signs as possible. And the signs there sending un pics are not eventhere but i received there witness statement way after so didnt gdt the pics of locations which they have filed. As there is no sign there just the pole. I said cel sre a serial litigant so issue large fines everywhere.no keeper liability. No letters were sent.qfequate signage,and ridiculous charges of the amount requested. Can give more details. Not sure what to do now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure