Experian's Fundamental Breach of Data Protection Act 1998

Comments

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    OP - You're coming across as completely narcissistic.

Report the anomaly to the CRA and ask them to correct the error as they are breaching the DPA.

If they do not comply, go to the ICO.

Ranting and entering into a p1551ng competition other members over who is most knowledgeable about systems from the '60s is just a waste of energy and makes you look a bit of a peacock out to just strut your stuff.
    :hello:
  • VictimOfImpersonation
    VictimOfImpersonation Posts: 334 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2013 at 8:45PM
    OP - You're coming across as completely narcissistic.
    Suggest you don't use words where you've only a whiff of understanding of the meaning. I wasn't sure so I looked it up. You were wrong to use it.
    Report the anomaly to the CRA and ask them to correct the error as they are breaching the DPA.
    I have. They can find it easily alongside the thousands of other breaches just by doing a simple mismatch query. You surely cannot be so naive to believe this is a "one off"?
    If they do not comply, go to the ICO.
    Not right now. Let ICO wake up and read about it here. Another test if you like.
    Ranting and entering into a p1551ng competition other members over who is most knowledgeable about systems from the '60s is just a waste of energy and makes you look a bit of a peacock out to just strut your stuff.
    Ranting got your attention if that's what you want to call it, and even got you clicking through and leaving your mark on the thread I referred to, plus it's landed a view a minute since I posted I think? The p|ssing was in my pants when I was barely a teenager. You read about it here from me. Hardly narcissistic of me to mention it I think?

My addition of a little validatory computing jargon soon brought danny and !!!!!! off their high horses and now they might engage, and so might others from the mob who otherwise are tempted to leap in and start banding about those stupid words "rant" and "troll" when someone introduces huge public interest issues that challenge their comfortable ideas of an ok status quo.
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Whilst I do understand where you are coming from with this, I believe that you are under a misconception. The data protection act is not there to protect our data, it is there to protect them from us claiming that the data they hold is incorrect. That way when they make mistakes they do not need to correct them until we have gone kicking and screaming to some regulatory authority. Was aforementioned computer in Dover st?
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Here we go again. Yawn.
  • Tiddlywinks
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Suggest you don't use words where you've only a whiff of understanding of the meaning. I wasn't sure so I looked it up. You were wrong to use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

No, I think I got that right... you are very obviously full of your own importance and believe that everyone should do your bidding.
    They can find it easily alongside the thousands of other breaches just by doing a simple mismatch query. You surely cannot be so naive to believe this is a "one off"?
    Not right now. Let ICO wake up and read about it here. Another test if you like.

Oh for goodness sake... unfortunately, when processing large quantities of data there will always be inaccuracies. Just use the systems in place to address this.

The ICO and his department will NOT be trawling MSE everyday on the off chance that you are here having a moan.

Again, you clearly believe you are cleverer than everyone else.
    Ranting got your attention if that's what you want to call it, plus a view a minute since I posted I think? The p|ssing was in my pants when I was barely a teenager. You read about it here from me. Hardly narcissistic of me to mention it I think?

No, the fact that you are looking at the 'views per minute' just shows how self centred you are. I bet your chest is puffed out now full of pride.
    My addition of a little validatory computing jargon soon brought danny and !!!!!! off their high horses and now they might engage, and so might others from the mob who otherwise are tempted to leap in and start banding about those stupid words "rant" and "troll" when someone introduces huge public interest issues that challenge their comfortable ideas of an ok status quo.

There you go again... presenting yourself as a champion of the masses... and master of the forum.

My hero!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Huge public interest issues ? Where ?
  • VictimOfImpersonation
    edited 29 December 2013 at 9:08PM
    meer53 wrote: »
    Huge public interest issues ? Where ?
    MSE attracts all types doesn't it? I am sure there are words to describe them all. Some of them flock to these type of threads like white blood cells to the site of a wound and then scab themselves all over it! The body inevitably is corporate. Not sure what it makes them ... but if they find they get picked off and flicked away later then I guess that's their look out.

Let's see how long it takes for my personal data to shore itself up. Anyone want to offer a book on it?
  • Tiddlywinks
    I've been Money Tipped!
    MSE attracts all types doesn't it? I am sure there are words to describe them all. Let's see how long it takes for my personal data to shore itself up. Anyone want to offer a book on it?

No-one else really cares - but the narcissist in you just doesn't understand that.

Your personal data - your problem.

You have noted an anomaly, you are refusing to use the processes available to address this - so... suck it up.
  • VictimOfImpersonation
    edited 29 December 2013 at 10:08PM
    No-one else really cares - but the narcissist in you just doesn't understand that.

Your personal data - your problem.

You have noted an anomaly, you are refusing to use the processes available to address this - so... suck it up.
    I don't think you quite understand, Tiddlywinks. Put yourself above the stupid error on my file. Look down on the state of the whole database.

Do you really think this thread will be left for all to trawl and stumble upon via Google without being resolved?

And BTW, do stop making yourself look silly with your evergreen eternally daffodilic use of English.

For patanne
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport