Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• Isn't it great that everyone is different, the 24/7 watch wearers and the watch haters is a good example. Wouldn't it be awful if everyone was the same.
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry i havent been around lately , Our DD has been in hosoital to have an operation and the grandchildren have been here while shes recovering , One is only a few months old , Id forgotten how night feed make you so tired. ,i resemble a zombie . and tomorrow i leave for London till Sunday , see you all when i get back and ill catch up on what everyone has been doing ,
  • I too must apologise for not being around, been very busy and this week we are looking after various dogs. One young lab privately for a neighbour and two old labs for a regular customer via the agency. The neighbour's dog is being looked after for free, but we get paid for the agency ones.

Wishing everyone well x
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies

My tip...good old petroleum jelly. Cheap as chips and a myriad of different uses. :D

Littlegreenparrot......thanks for the Uniglo link. Their stuff looks nice.

Moll. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she gets well soon.

Had a very productive weekend, going to have a day off today. Meet a friend for lunch. Tonight is WW weigh in. I think I've done ok.

Have a good week.......
  • Morning fabbers :hello:

Weighed in this morning and another 3lbs gone so I have finally broken through the weight I was stuck at before holiday. Another few pounds and I will be at my target weight! :D

We have lots of expenses coming next month, so getting my hair done in a salon is off the cards. However, OH has agreed to help me do it at home so I don't overlap on dyed hair when lightening and should avoid any breakage that way :) I imagine we will get that done at the weekend so I am looking forward to getting that done - his daughter yesterday described my hair as " blonde with the black bit on top " :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you are all well xx
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    My Mum used to call it 'blonde with navy blue roots' lol
    Found some face masks in my stash so have started to use them. They wont do any good whatsoever left in the cupboard so maybe they might just do some good on my face ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T well done on your weightloss SSDD23 and good luck for later LL.
    silvasava wrote: »
    Found some face masks in my stash so have started to use them. They wont do any good whatsoever left in the cupboard so maybe they might just do some good on my face ;)
    :rotfl:

I'm doing quite well using up products. I'm almost at the point where everything I have/use are favourites that I'd choose again. The only exception is still trying out some 'freebies' from gift sets.

I have new slippers!!:j

I know not everyone's a fan but shamed by LL's post I threw my dirty, scruffy pair in the bin and bought a new pair. These are machine washable so at least I know they'll be clean.:)

When I went out for bread;) yesterday I decided that I might just as well make a decision on the Primark/Matalan purchases from last week as I'd have the opportunity to take them back. I decided on a pair of pink and black paisley jogger type trousers. They're really comfy and will look good with a black top. Also from Primark a candy stripe beach cover up (matches one of my bikinis).
    https://www.primark.com/en/product/stripe-jersey-dress,N35397181554619

From Matalan I'm keeping this little sundress which will be good for my holiday:
    https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2712887_c128/tie-button-front-cami-dress-blue

None of them will break the bank! I now need to go through my holiday clothes and be ruthless as some of the stuff while much loved is getting old. :)

What occurred to me last night thinking about the tips. When we go on city breaks with hand luggage only, I should be able to take just a few flaxseed capsules and then I won't need to take my serum . That's really helpful as it's hard knowing which products I can manage without. :)

Lovely and bright here. I've got a fairly busy week coming up so today I'm going to wrestle with car insurance. Some of you may remember that DH scratched the side of my new car when reversing. Well now we're paying for it!:mad:
  • maman wrote: »

From Matalan I'm keeping this little sundress which will be good for my holiday:
    https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2712887_c128/tie-button-front-cami-dress-blue

I really like that! :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    I really like that! :D

Yes, it's cotton and it will be cool and ideal for walking around the resort (although a bit short for at home).

The skirt is a bit fuller than I would like so I might take it in a bit. I'll try pinning it and see what I think. :)
  • SSDD23 wrote: »
    Morning fabbers :hello:

Weighed in this morning and another 3lbs gone so I have finally broken through the weight I was stuck at before holiday. Another few pounds and I will be at my target weight! :D

We have lots of expenses coming next month, so getting my hair done in a salon is off the cards. However, OH has agreed to help me do it at home so I don't overlap on dyed hair when lightening and should avoid any breakage that way :) I imagine we will get that done at the weekend so I am looking forward to getting that done - his daughter yesterday described my hair as " blonde with the black bit on top " :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you are all well xx

Blonde with dark roots seems quite trendy at the moment. I was watching the news or newsnight last week and thought all the women seemed to have this look so if I was you I'd tell her you are very trendy. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure