Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GreatApe
    • By GreatApe 14th Aug 19, 4:57 PM
    • 3,673Posts
    • 2,701Thanks
    GreatApe
    When will fossil fuel useage peak a general discussion
    • 14th Aug 19, 4:57 PM
    When will fossil fuel useage peak a general discussion 14th Aug 19 at 4:57 PM
    2018: +2% increase in global CO2 emmissions

People talk as if solar & wind are taking over while the truth is that fossil fuel useage has been growing more or less continuously since 1900 including the recent past

So when will global fossil fuel useage peak and also which year will global FF useage fall to below 2000 level?

My guess:

Peak: 2030s (probably late 2030s)
    Fall below 2000 levels: 2050s (probably late 2050s)
Page 6
    • GreatApe
    • By GreatApe 29th Aug 19, 10:57 AM
    • 3,673 Posts
    • 2,701 Thanks
    GreatApe
    1. It's a fact that the aim is to reduce FF consumption to zero. I think I made that clear.
    Originally posted by Martyn1981
    What's with adding fact in front of an aim? What does it achieve other than to try and confuse your readers into pushing your views and values as necessities?

The current aim (which can change) is that we will try to reduce fossil consumption towards zero by 2050

If you disagree with that fact, then you need to provide a link saying that the global aim is not to reduce FF emissions to zero.
    A fact would be something like the speed of light is 299 792 458 m / s
    We will try to reduce fossil fuel useage is an aim a goal

2. No. I said we had to stop using FF methane. If you don't understand the difference then I'm not sure you know what you are talking about.
    You sound like my grandmother who used to say we had to go to church every Sunday
    Turns out I didn't have to
    That was her trying to impose her views and values onto me
    Which is what you are trying to do
    No thanks

And it would be net zero in carbon emissions if run on bio-gas.
    Complexity and cost on top of complexity and cost on top of complexity and cost

Yep that's Gona work
    • Martyn1981
    • By Martyn1981 29th Aug 19, 11:55 AM
    • 9,189 Posts
    • 14,133 Thanks
    Martyn1981
    What's with adding fact in front of an aim? What does it achieve other than to try and confuse your readers into pushing your views and values as necessities?

The current aim (which can change) is that we will try to reduce fossil consumption towards zero by 2050
    Originally posted by GreatApe
    Correct, the current aim is zero by 2050. That's a fact, so to work to any other standard would be somewhat silly.

Not just my views and values, I think you'll find they are shared by the majority of humanity who accept the science of AGW and the impact of FF emissions on health.

You may disagree, but as I've said many times - you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Since your opinions are neither green nor ethical, I fail to understand why you continue to promote them on this board. Just because the troll demands that those ignoring you should pay you more respect, it doesn't change the 'fact' that your views, opinions and presentation are neither green nor ethical.

Since I've now had to repeat myself a number of times, remind you of what you have stated (when you deny it), explain basics like FF's and bio-energy, and the fact that we are currently constrained (thank goodness) by the need to operate to a zero emission standard, I can't see any point in continuing with this discussion further.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,179Users online

Martin's Twitter