PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 9th November

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Thanks for starting us off silver-oldie.

Thinking of Gers' DM and Holly.

Wet and windy here but it's Friday and I finish at 3! I'm going to see a show tonight 'The Nativity', I enjoyed the film (only saw the first one) and apparently it's good, someone at work saw it the other night. Having a meal before we go, second night of eating out!

Hope you all have a good Friday, take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 November 2018 at 7:44AM
    Morning everyone

silver-oldie - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly, he'll be running and then gym after helping me with the shopping.

Dinner last night was liver, bacon and sausage, mash, peas and gravy - was delicious something we haven't had for ages. Tonight will be something and chips - easy dinner.

I was quite productive yesterday and made good progress with the "to do" list - there were several things on there that needed doing and had rolled over from one week to another and yesterday they got done. Today will be an easier day because of that, so I just need to do ironing, shred more docs and will use that time to sort out this desk - otherwise I'll be struggling to see the screen, because of all the papers piled up!

We got the sad news yesterday to let us know that our poorly relative had been discharged from hospital Wednesday and had then passed away yesterday - so trying to support my immediate family.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I haven't done anything about the increased DD yet, because my usage will go up over the winter and then I'll end up with a bigger increase in the spring. I'll keep an eye on the smart meter gadget and see how it goes. I don't usually use it, I find it weird that you have to use electricity to run the thing that shows you your usage so you can pinpoint where to cut back :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Helena Thank you :) I used to keep a very regular eye on readings and could predict if my DD was due to go up or down :D Must admit I check a lot less often now, but every now and then I get an email from Eon to say that it's going to change – the last two have both reduced so I've checked readings and it matches what Eon say. I'm sure though my review used to be sometime after winter, it just seems odd to do this now when most people's usage is about to go up. Especially with all the Christmas lights I use :D:D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gers Sorry things are so stressy at the moment, I hope they improve soon xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]snoozer I'm glad Laura and Brian are OK. To take part in a study is an amazing thing to do – especially when (I would imagine) it's the last thing you'd want to do. I'm a bit in awe of them actually! xx[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But how are you? Are you OK? x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]whiteguineapig My Netflix shows are The Haunting Of Hill House, Once Upon A Time, The Good Place, Stranger Things, Designated Survivor and Santa Clarita Diet. I promise I don't sit in front of the telly all day long, I'm only watching two shows at a time :D I'll be binge-watching the first one on my list this weekend :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Just waiting for 10am. It feels like it will never arrive :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh no nmlc I'm so sorry xx
    Bulletproof
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2018 at 8:49AM
    Good morning all

Gentle hugs for all those who need or want one

Thinking of Holly and Poppy

Gers hope your Mum is ok

It was such a lovely warm day yesterday we went for a walk and just sat people watching.
    I brought the pepper plants into the conservatory when the weather got colder, hoping to ripen the last few. Couldn't believe it when I found new peppers growing. Made soup, it was a cross between red pepper and lentil and Nana's magic soup, turned out really nice.

Hope you all have a good day
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning :)

Thanks SO for starting

Chilli here today but no ice so all good.

No word from Holly yesterday but she may have gone back to her brothers on discharge. hope to hear from her today will let you know soon as.

Had a comforting call with my accountant yesterday so he put my mind at rest on a few things. Slept Ok again last night so thats one worry ticked off for now.

No major plans today bar lots of prep for a busy week next week and working tonight. Want to box as much off as I can so I can have a weekend on the house which it needs. I havent returned the spare room back to normal yet and I have piles of clothes to return to the wardrobe where I made room. Good opportunity to not put them all back and do a bit of decluttering. Last few weeks I am literally wearing something washing it and putting it back on again...I have so many clothes its time to be honest and clear them out or start wearing them. Also total ban on any new clothes buying for a good while. Saying that I did make my last allowed purchase a gorgeous pair of little sexy suedey leopard skin boots. So not my usual style as I have 2 kippers for feet so cant usually find anything attractive but these are a wide fit and do actually fit :)

No idea on food too early to plan that yet for me :)

Anyway have a good day all if you can
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all
    Too dark for Dolly to be walked yet but she wants to go as when she comes home she knows its breakfast time:D. It feels cold today but it may warm up a bit later . I am off to see my stylist regarding hair extensions as my hair is quite thin i think maybe i could do with some help not sure if i will as its quite expensive and there is an ongoing cost does anyone else have them? The highlight of this weekend will be a trip to the newly refurbished and extended Lidl :o
    Dinner tonight will be whatever i pull from the freezer
    Nmic I am sorry to hear your news thoughts to you and your family
    Gers I hope your mum is ok x
    Holly thinking of you
    Hester I hope CHS meeting at work went ok
    Snoozer well done to Brian
    Hugs to all who need one I know lots of us are struggling right now with unwell family and worries I am sending you all lots of strength and just letting you know your doing a great job x
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
    Slava Ukraini
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

Thanks for your thoughts - they are needed. After a long fraught day DM was allowed home yesterday. She was collected at about 10.30, just before I arrived. By 2pm she was in her third department with bloods taken much earlier. I went to find her at 3pm and took her food and drink. She was in good spirits but very fed up.

An extremely nice doc came to see her a little while later, he was very embarrassed to say that DMs bloods hadn't been processed and they'd need more. :mad: He offered to allow DM to go home and he would phone if the results showed the need for more treatment.

Bottom line is she's now in heart failure and is being referred to the HF clinic. Start of the end game. :( She's very accepting of this news.

Meanwhile I was coughing like a mad thing and feeling wretched. On the terrible drive home (mad rush hour traffic in pouring rain) I couldn't speak, voice gone.

We both had very early night! First things I've got a much needed hair cut, I look so unkempt just now.

Enough woes - glad to hear that Holly's discharged.

Hugs all round - happy Friday.
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Good morning everyone.

So sorry to read about your relative nmlc. Gers, I hope you got a good sleep after your trail down to Glasgow yesterday, and that your mother's been stabilised. Thinking of CHS and Hester and hope the powers that be at his workplace are being reasonable. Thinking of you, TA xxx

Sewing group this morning, then a no obligation demonstration of hearing aids this afternoon. I've lived in a quiet world since birth, but suspect some age related change has made it much more tiring, so feel it's time to overcome my lifelong aversion to having a piece of hardware stuck in each ear. Looking forward to learning about the Bluetooth options for music too :)

Final swim of the week later, looking forward to it.

Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a good day today.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    Nmlc Sorry for your loss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure