PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th November 2018

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,948
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I've:
    Eaten breakfast - tea and toast
    Put clean towels in bathroom
    Had shower / washed hair
    Dressed in clean clothes
    WM x 2 - draped on airer and radiators

Now going to:
    feed birds
    take all irises out of flowers - the smells is too much for me :(
    on-line Mr T shop

Priorities today are self-care, clean clothes and food.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 November 2018 at 11:42AM
    :xmassmile:rudolf::xmastree::xmassign::snow_laug:

If you want to take part in the Flylady Secret Santa please PM me with your real name and postal address.

If you've any special requests e.g. nut free, please let me know that too.

As in previous years suggested value of gift up to £5; keep it light as you've to pay to post, too!

Many thanks Ionafan for doing this in previous years!:T:T

Will be closing this at the end of November.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    [STRIKE]Morning[/STRIKE]. Whoops, afternoon everyone!

Thank you Iona and now Valli for Secret Santa. Valli, if you give me a prod this time next year, I'll take my turn then. Full tutorial obviously needed so I don't mess up though.

((Hugs)) Roundtuit. X

I'm just back in from a couple of hours weeding and garlic planting at the allotment. I went reluctantly, but actually it was nice to be out in the fresh air. I've quickly swept and mopped the dining room, utility and kitchen, so I'm catching a quick bite (super healthy home made quinoa and veggie salad, as this not-so-slinky needs all the help she can get) before starting on the living room. I've just put a load of jeans in the wm, so I'm hoping that they will go out on the line for a couple of hours.

Lunch now done whilst typing, so back later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    *Shuffles in, shamefacedly*

Slinky - total failure. Still trying to shift blasted drug-induced weight gain. Blame, in no particular order, Prednisolone, Norethisterone, Mirtazipine and Gabapentin; all of which have been tried and rejected over the years, but the weight they shovelled on during the trial periods remains. :(

No spend - fell off the wagon in October as we replaced our ancient and venerable duvet with two single ones (lighter one for me so that I won't swelter at night any more), two new pillows, and some new bedlinen. In mitigation, everything that was being replaced was literally falling apart.

Bungalow remains a midden. Bessie has just been collected, I have til 16:00 on Thursday to get it reasonably presentable, as that's when Suzie arrives.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I can't keep up at the moment. I'm really sorry but I'm going to admit that a campaign I'm involved in is now taking all of my available time and will continue to do so for at least three or four more weeks.

I'll try to read even if I can't post, but I didn't even manage that towards the end of last week, what the craft fair and the campaign.

Back as soon as possible.
    Better is good enough.
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,316
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Still sick today. Not bad enough to miss work, but bad enough that all my energy is taken by my shift. I have lost my voice, which has brought merriment to BF and the office.

I did manage to throw a soup together, and while that was bubbling, empty, wipe and refill the cutlery drawer.
    Grabbed a couple of things off the clothes horse (mostly fresh uniform for tomorrow).

In bed early again
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Forumite
    So, today's achievements -
    cleaned kitchen
    ran DW & emptied
    ran WM x 2 pegged out
    cleaned bathroom
    sorted a PTA job and paid money and cheques into bank
    ironed today's line dried washing
    made a banana cake with aging bananas
    Made stuffed baked peaches for DS - these are cooking together in one oven
    Cleaned out Benny Bunny
    Wombled carrot tops and cauliflower leaves for him from market

I have, however, forgotten to buy a phone top up and unfortunately cannot top up over the phone so will have to traipse out again.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • PM sent, thank you Valli xx

I couldn't be more exhausted if I tried. Manic day at work, then got home to find DS having a huge meltdown for my friend, he'd been contrary and challenging from the moment she collected him from school :(

Try to remind myself he's only 4 and, unlike his big sister, he struggles with changing routine, so going back to school after the half term hols will have thrown him.

DH now away for 5 months for work :eek: returning on weekends only.

Right, I'll stop my witterings! Flylady wise the DW is on, TD has been emptied and kitchen tidied xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,328
    Forumite
    :xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:I have 8 signed up for the Christmas card swap..surely more want to sign up.. :):)Where are you all..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023 🏅 ⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award ⭐️
  • PM sent, thank you Valli xx

I couldn't be more exhausted if I tried. Manic day at work, then got home to find DS having a huge meltdown for my friend, he'd been contrary and challenging from the moment she collected him from school :(

Try to remind myself he's only 4 and, unlike his big sister, he struggles with changing routine, so going back to school after the half term hols will have thrown him.

DH now away for 5 months for work :eek: returning on weekends only.

Right, I'll stop my witterings! Flylady wise the DW is on, TD has been emptied and kitchen tidied xx

Boys begin a testosterone rush around 4-5, so are least likely to want to sit down and be well behaved/quiet in classes just when they are expected to learn to do so; he could be stressed about school (including the behaviour of other kids and that the weather means he can't burn off some energy at play and lunchtime in the same way he could just a few weeks ago). Girls don't have the same surge of hormones at that point, so tend to find school less stressful at that age, even before you take into account any additional difficulties/diagnosis or whether he's bothered about your OH being away for a whole five days at a time - which seems like ages for little ones.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family